“Charming but showing signs of wear and tear”

Union Gables Mansion Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 October 2011

If you are looking for the Saratoga Springs historical experience this place delivers it. A charming old Victorian big on charm but with some wear and tear you wouldn't find in modern boutique hotels, it's very much a reflection of the town it's in.

It's saying something that even though there were window blinds completely missing on one window in our room and the bathrooms are very dated and not in good way, think 1980's not 1880's the overwelming charm our room, the downstairs with it's two fireplaces that were lit every day and the fresh baked cookies in the evening as well as a nice breakfast in the morning made up for the discomfort.

If you like Victorian charm more than luxury beds and are ok without flatscreens and modern features then this is a great place to stay. .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Union Gables Mansion Inn

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Union Gables is a beautiful place in a prime location, but what makes it truly special are the hosts. I was treated like family from the moment I arrived. The location is perfect for walking to the track and sales grounds. The rooms are are spacious & the huge front porch is an added bonus for relaxing & socializing.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank kgh1962
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I recently enjoyed a fantastic stay at the Union Gables Boutigue Hotel in beautiful Saratoga. As I approached the sprawling front porch, I noticed a few of my colleagues completely relaxed and taken in by the true majesty of the property and comfort. Naturally i joined them after touring the beautiful first floor. I had the pleasure of staying in the only room on the first floor which was perfect. The room was gorgeous and very large, with a beatuful double roomed bathroom, extra large as well. The room had an Historical touch with all of the modern conveniences needed, one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The continental breakfast was refined and elegant, perfect for a trained palate. I woke up to the smell of fresh baking scones in the kitchen just behind my room, amazing. There were fresh cured meats and artisian cheese, fresh coffee and tea, fresh squeezed juice and delicious ripe fruit. Our Hosts Artie and Dan were truly accomodating, professional and pleasant. I highly recommended this Hotel and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MoveWine
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My husband and I were the only guests during our mid-week stay. We were treated like family and made to feel very comfortable by Ardie and Dan. All the rooms are well decorated and the house is reminscient of the early 1900's. We enjoyed our stay in the "Bill" room which has a small balcony attached. My only negative comment was the street noise during the night. Otherwise a great experience. The lovely large wraparound porch with the fountain was quite relaxing as well as the lovely gardens.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want a room towards the back of the house.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Our hosts, Ardy and Dan, keep this old house in wonderful condition. They serve a delicious continental breakfast comprised of French bread, fruit, cheeses, marmalade, hard boiled eggs, etc. served in the spacious living room. The pool table plays true, although I'm not very good at it. All the other guests were very nice, too. I guess they only attract the best of humanity.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Union Gables was home-away-from-home as we celebrated the marriage of our daughter on September 17, 2011. The new Inn keepers, Ardie and Dan made our entire family feel comfortable and welcomed. The decor is beautiful, the location is perfect, the continental breakfast was creative and satisfying. Our gracious hosts have us looking forward to another stay in the near future!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

my family and i stayed in saratoga for the last weekend of my children's summer vacation. we stayed in the cindy room which included a lovely personal screened in balcony which was frequently used by us. the breakfast was SUPERB; great healthy, wholesome foods for myself, husband, and daughter...even offered pop-tarts and children's cereal for my 5 year old twin boys. the inn keepers were incredibly accommodating and friendly and really went the extra mile for us- making dinner reservations and recommendations for fun family activities in and around beautiful Saratoga Springs. maid service was awesome as well, every day we came back to a clean bathroom with new towels and freshly made beds. the room was quaint and perfect for the family, providing the perfect amount of privacy for us adults. plus, the family dog was allowed to accompany us this trip because they are pet friendly. WORTH EVERY PENNY. don't bother booking anywhere else, union gables delivers.

Room Tip: cindy room is great for families
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family