“Less than expected”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Less than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We prepaid for a room with one king size bed and, upon arrival, found we had been given a room with two double beds. Were told this was the only room they had, which we knew to be incorrect because we had other members of our party staying there who were given a king bed on their double bed reservation. Rooms were antiquated, particularly the bathrooms. Biggest factor in its favor was that they played the out of town football game! If we revisit Saratoga we'll stay at the Adelphi or another of the Victorian hotels.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoseSox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed here for a conference. The hotel looks a bit dated from the outside but the Inside is suprisingly nice and updated. The rooms are big and comfortable and clean. Also the food we had was really good.

I stayed at the Hilton last summer and I thought the rooms here were way better.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank TBradz
Marblehead, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I travel extensively both on business and pleasure, and have never been treated as rudely as I was last weekend while attending an event at Skidmore College. I had made reservations for two rooms for my family and I. I guaranteed them with my credit card, and when we showed up after a long day, were informed by the lady at the front desk that they didn't have a room for me, and it wasn't there fault. She was unapologetic and not the least bit helpful. When I called the general manager two days later she passed me off to the customer service person, who refused to discuss their mistake, referred me to an 800 number and rudely hung on me.
I have stayed at a number of fine hotels in Saratoga over the past few years, so happily there are lots of alternatives from the Holiday Inn.
Stay away at all costs.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank PSCMarblehead_MA
Gavin L, Owner at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
We disagree with this guest's discription of events. Despite having an issue with his reservations, the guest was accommodated with the 2 rooms he needed. One reservation was given a free upgrade and the other was given a 30% discount. Unfortunately these reservations were made off site and done so incorrectly causing one room to cancel out because the credit card was not attached to it. We make every effort to accommodate guests needs no matter where the error was made and did so in this case as well.
mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Arrived during wedding had no available parking. Staff very nice and helpful. Hotel needs updating. Great location but kind of pricey.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

good location!! friendly employees!
Will be back! We had good time!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Chappaqua, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Just returned from this hotel..was up there for a wedding, not at the hotel, but on a farm outside of Saratoga Springs. Many of the out of town guests like myself stayed at this hotel.. I am a Priority Club member.

The hotel is located right on the main street, very convenient to all of the amazing shops and wonderful restaurants in downtonw Saratoga Sprimgs. I was able to walk everywhere.

The rooms in the hotel appear to be recently renovated...it was a pleasant surprise to see such beautiful rooms. The bed was soft and cozy..carpet and furniture all looked new. A small refrigerator and microwave in the room was a nice touch.

The bathroom was very small..wished it would have been bigger. And there was no safe in the room- I always love when there is one. I used the safety deposit box in the main office.

The lobby was OK- clean but nothing fancy. The hallways of the hotel could use a bit of a makeover..they were clean but would have liked some updating like the rooms.

The hotel is not smoke free, but I liked the fact that the smoking rooms were all located on the first floor together, and not spead throughout the hotel.

The indoor and outdoor pool looked very nice, although I didn't use them.

I felt the price of the accomodations was a little high...we received a group rate for the wedding party, and still felt it was high. But there was so much going on in Saratoga this weekend, I guess they can get these rates. I am sure once the cold weather begins, the rates may go down.

The front desk staff was very cordial and efficient.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

The last week end of the race track, I get it, expensive, but $400+ for a standard room, not even with breakfast, way over the top. At Least include something, robes, more that 3 thin bath towels???? Won't do that again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple