All reviews morton's steakhouse harness racing horses training horse drawn carriage attached casino buffet restaurant free room racing weekend standard king room nice hotel close to home wall paper pool and jacuzzi saratoga race course outdoor fire pit recently stayed here shuttle service
Reviewed April 30, 2018

The Casino has been around for about 15 years, but the hotel is relatively new (~2 years). We went for one night to attend a dinner event at nearby Skidmore College and wanted to try staying someplace new - not to gamble or watch the racing, but truly for the hotel room. We were very pleasantly surprised. Staff worked hard to please, although some were clearly new and not quite sure yet about things like hours, access to and morning options for restaurant food services inside the Casino. The bedroom was large and beautifully appointed. My husband loved the huge shower in particular - great pressure, too. I was sorry we were not prepared to take advantage of the wonderful indoor pool and hot tub - would have been nice to have gone for a swim - and fitness center, or outdoor fire pit where they serve drinks and hors d'oeuvres. After dinner, we ended our evening back at Morton's, the award-winning steak restaurant in the hotel, for a nightcap. Last order had to be by 9 pm, but the bartenders were very amiable and fine with us sipping slowly and watching sports TV, making for a lovely end to our day. Next morning, I had a really early yoghurt with fresh berries and cappuccino at the lobby cafe (like a small Starbucks cafe) then worked in an area set aside down the hallway lobby for people like me who want to get some work done. For late breakfast/early lunch, we wandered through the casino to the only restaurant that serves basic breakfast/lunch made to order, and sat in the dining area where we could watch the race track being groomed for the day. Fun! (They weren't racing anything until later in the day, unfortunately.) All in all, a wonderful experience and we'll definitely stay there again. Next time, we'll plan our timing better to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer, even for those of us who don't participate in casinos/gambling.

Room tip: Ask for something higher than the 2nd floor, a room that perhaps has a view of the racetrack if you like that.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights. A nice place to stay. Great service and a good variation of places to eat. The casino is a not that good. Miss real dealers and not only the electronics. Everything in the room was perfect. I missed the opportunity to walk to the city of Saratoga Springs but it was a bit too far.

Room tip: Nice with a view to the harness track.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CHJE1989
SaratogaCasinoMgmt, SaratogaCasinoMgmt at Saratoga Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Saratoga Springs.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Just home after a night at the Saratoga Casino Hotel. Unfortunately the attention to detail before we arrived fell short of what anyone would expect! When I moved the chair in the corner of the room I found a woman's shoe and a pair of prescription sunglasses...apparently from the last guests! When we checked out my husband took to the front desk and was told.." I will report this"..no other response. This is not acceptable in my opinion - at the very least an "oh I am sorry sir or something"! Need more attention to detail for such a nice hotel!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing in to us and giving your honest feedback. We're very sorry to hear about this situation and we do agree with you that it is unacceptable and certainly not up to our usual standards. We've provided this feedback directly to hotel management. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and do hope you're able to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I stayed with my family over Easter weekend. There are a lot of outdoor parking, it’s close to the state park and downtown. The room is spacious and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. They also have a nice pool, gym and free wifi. There are restaurants on site but most of them don’t allow kids because they are located inside the casino. I will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
SaratogaCasinoMgmt, SaratogaCasinoMgmt at Saratoga Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review! We sincerely appreciate your compliments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Front desk staff seemed ridiculously rushed, but there were only 2 people checking in. Clerk didn't explain amenities, restaurants, etc (this was my first visit). I was tired and hungry, so I just settled on going to the buffet restaurant in the casino. Huge mistake. Food was absolutely horrible. Soggy, tasteless, and some of it was cold. The first thing that came to my mind was university dorm grade food (absolute crap). Incredibly disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're sorry to hear that your stay didn't quite live up to expectations. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with management to further address. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and do hope you're able to allow us to right this wrong during a future visit.