“Not a bad little place but”

Hot Rocks Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 78 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We wanted something different but wanted a steak house so we picked this placed based on the previous reviews. Well.....
The atmosphere is very nice. Rather elegant on the inside even through from the outside it looks nothing like a steak house, it the old Pizza hut from years back. We went early, 430, so there was only a few people there when we got there and just the 1 waiter.
Service was good and quick. The special drink selection is the normal 6 or 7 house drinks.
The food selection is not bad, had 2 steaks. Prices were a bit high I thought, but the steaks we're quiet good.
1 complaint I had was I was supposed to get steak fries and what I got was 4 fresh cut potato fries. Not quite what I planned on.
Towards the end of the meal, as the place did start to get busier, @ 6, service did slow down a lot. There was still only 1 waiter on when we left. I would hope another was starting shortly.
Overall, a very nice place. Food was good
Drinks were good and well priced. Have a separate bar.
And the prices although a little high not bad.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We go here all the time as we live just about 2 minutes up the road. However even if it would be further I think we would come here often. I like their food, mainly the mushroom risotto, filet mignon, salad with blue cheese dressing and the bbq ribs. I am however not a huge fan of the hot rocks idea where u cook your own steak in front of u on a literally hot rock...because I am way too hungry to be patiently waiting for the steak to cook lol

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner to celebrate his 65th birthday. Our waitress was lovely, the place is clean, the food is wonderful. Relax and enjoy...

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This restaurant in an unassuming building in the Simmons Plaza is a hidden gem. Redone and renamed several years ago after a devastating fire, they used the opportunity to transform the business, adding a great u-shaped bar and outdoor seating.

The reason to come though is the food. Really great, super tender ribs with fires is a favorite take-home for us. In addition to their signature sizzling steaks served on the "Hot Rocks", they also offer seafood and pasta and a variety of really interesting burgers and pizzas.

They have specialty nights, as well as special non-menu items daily.
They open a little earlier than a lot of restaurants, and I hope someday they also open for lunch.
Definitely going back !

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Tue is a popular night at this little restaurant. Pick n choose different types or add shrimp & vodka cream sauce to make it great. But come early as they tend run out of meatballs. Poor planning. When it gets busy it's very noisy so then everyone shouts. But it's easy to over look these things when you like the food.

1  Thank smiling4unow