The Inn At Glen Sanders Mansion
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Stockade Inn(Schenectady)
Scotia Motel(Scotia)
View Hotel
All reviewsmohawk riverattending a weddingcocktail hourschenectady areacellar barfire pitmodern amenitiesroom was clean and comfortableunion collegeview of the lakealbanyloungefireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This Inn is dated and rooms need to be better cleaned.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Above expectations in every way. The staff is as nice as can be,very accommodating,and it is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Daizy58
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Let's face it, this is a wedding hall/banquet hall under the guise of being an "Inn". This was the site of our wedding, and where we and our families spent a weekend, so there is much to cover.
Service:
We contracted well in advance, had regular contact throughout with the wedding coordinator. Never during that time were we told she would not be present the day of the actual wedding. We were first informed, when we showed up for the rehearsal/walk through and were introduced to her back up. As it turned out, the fill in coordinator was great, and even more accommodating than the original had been. However, it did create extra unnecessary stress and felt underhanded. People need vacations, however why weren't we told in advance or had previous meetings with the person who would be there when one of the things they were "selling us" was that the coordinator would be our go to person the day of. To go over specifics again the day before is unnecessary.

Service at the Inn-hit or miss, on multiple occasions.
After blocking rooms for our wedding, when I called to make reservations and gave the name, I was told there was no record of the blocking, they suggested I had the wrong date. After assuring them, that being the bride, I was pretty sure I knew the date of my wedding-it turned out, they blocked the rooms under the wrong year!

There are two "suites" at the hotel, so book early as it isn't unusual to have a wedding or reception in the afternoon another in the evening, etc...so multiple events are going on in a weekend. This led to me being unable to secure the suite until noon the day of the wedding, despite arriving the night before. I spent the night before in a below average hotel room that like others have commented on, had light bulbs that were burnt out, looked out on the parking lot, with dusty, blinds and showers that were dank and seemingly falling apart.

Having ya know, payed for a wedding, as well as being responsible for more than half of the rooms being booked at the hotel that weekend, imagine my surprise when I found out that my aunt and uncle had received a free "upgrade" to an open suite...while I was staying in a much less than stellar room. The next day, I had to start getting ready with my bridal party in this dark, broken, unlit room. We delayed the start of photos, so that we could have a better backdrop.

When we got into the suite, the difference was night and day. The place is two rooms, and newly decorated, but the colors are anything but neutral, which should really have been taken into account considering brides wanting "getting ready" photos.

At this point, we suddenly seemed to be payed attention to, after having been ignored till that point. We received wonderful room service of light snacks and drinks.

Disappointingly, we received little help maneuvering our many things out of the room the next day. In the hustle and bustle (and rain) we inadvertently left behind a sentimental hand made, silver necklace and some other belongings. It was realized within the day, and we phoned the hotel. We were assured they would look for it and hold it. Considering the cost of the place, I assumed the best of the staff, and felt confident they would call us back letting us know they had been found. We never received a call. Obviously there is a level of personal responsibility here, but quite frankly, we had just gotten married, and don't live locally, so we needed to carry a lot of things with us. We are avid travelers, and have forgotten items of less value elsewhere, and have always had prompt stellar service of the item being located, and either held, or shipped to us promptly. At Glen Sanders, there was never even a follow up courtesy call, despite us calling back a few times before deciding it was a lost cause.

One of the reasons we chose this place, was because we thought it would be nice to have a place to return on anniversaries. Instead, the service ranged from, "what was contracted for" to impersonable, to poor. We won't likely be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKseetheworld
Reviewed 6 May 2011

There is a very loud party going on one floor below, so we can't sleep. When we complained, the management said they would have them turn the music down, but nothing noticeable happened, and when I complained again, I was essentially told that I shouldn't be complaining because they supposedly had turned the music down, and that we would have to wait for the party to end.
Other negatives
1) poor room lighting
2) room on first floor facing parking lot offers no privacy when curtains are open. The only curtains are black-out curtains, so this contributes to the drab darkness of the room.
3) low-quality iron and hair dryer
4) very small bathtub
5) no extra outlets for laptop, cell phone charger etc (need to unplug one of the lights, and it's already too dark)
Positives: The hotel lobby is comfortable and attractive. The rooms are decently decorated and have comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Second Floor facing away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2011

When we were invited recently for a friend's birthday dinner, my wife suggested we stay the night after dinner. That was a great decision! Andrew Strauss, the Innkeeper was fantastic! The room was outstanding with a beautiful view, very clean and furnished quite well. Andrew really made us feel welcome and at home. Before our friends' party we had a couple drinks in the Maquas Lounge. This place is one of the homiest places to dine and have a few drinks that we've ever been to. Then it was onto the dinner party in Angelo's Tavalo. The party was in the Tasting Room. Several walls with wine racks and a warm atmosphere. The food was outstanding and the choice to party here was the right one. We left thismorning having had a great time and quite satified! Although it's only a short drive from where we live, I think we may occasion The Glen Sander's Inn more often.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple