“Yummy!”

Add it.
Winchell's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Local small place to meet locals & chat. It's always fun & great pizza! You can find other good things to eat as well! Close to Ashoken Reservoir which is the most beautiful & peaceful place in the world for walking & enjoying nature.

Reviewed 26 September 2014

So, we felt like pizza. We wanted a white pizza. We called ahead and were told they would make a white pizza. We get there and the guy asks, "What is a white pizza to you." I knew we were in trouble. Once we order the white pizza (his understanding was a pizza without sauce, not quite ours but we were there), I ask if he has wine. He pulls an almost empty, very warm bottle of Burgundy off the counter. It didn't even have a name. It was just called Burgundy. It was horrible. My boyfriend had home made birch beer. He said it was good. It was $2.78 for a glass. So, we have a large mediorce pizza, one glass of very bad wine and a glass of birch beer. $29.00!!! Holy, moley, we will never go there again!

Reviewed 3 September 2014

The place has good atmosphere, homey feel, however, as the employees are high school kids the pizza is never the same. One time good, then terrible, then somewhere In between. Food quality is inconsistent.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I've had some amazing pizza, chicken and ribs here. I've had some horrible, under cooked pizza and dealt with their inability to keep basic menu items in stock (no chicken several times in a row). Therein lies the problem with Winchell's pizza. Management is almost non existent. There is a certain waitress (manager? - she's been there quite a while) - when she is in, the place runs smoothly and food is great. When she isn't there, I don't even bother staying. Without her, staff just don't seem to care, and the experience is very poor. If she ever leaves, the place is done.
It could also use a good Spring clean.
Still, when the food is on point, it's a fun and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

There are times I would rate this place a five and other times a two. Good pizza and sandwiches, but some days it's like a different chef is in the kitchen and not as good as the other chef despite making the same stuff. Their fresh lemonade is great on a hot day and I stop off special for it. I like their pizzas and calzones. Salads are okay, but not a full meal. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area, as there are no other decent food places around, but I can't guarantee if you will be happy or not. Atmosphere is a little drafty in winter, but nice in summer. As someone else mentioned you have to be careful about the parking, it's tight and awkward. I hate that Trip Advisor assumes I have only been to a place once, but I will fill out the form based on my last visit.