All reviews fruit and yogurt handicapped room waffle maker rooms are clean and comfortable free breakfast is desk clerk following morning stay there again first floor one night stay motel cooperstown super8 odour ny hallway proximity
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stayed at Sidney's Super 8 for a night while cleaning out my Mom's house due to the toilet and pipes being broken after a furnace failure while we were away. The hotel was clean and the personnel friendly and helpful, but the hotel itself was dated from its earlier days...patched up wall hole from the door knob, carpet replaced where someone had left a hot iron on, misplaced shower curtain arm that allowed it to settle into the middle of the arm and leave the ends of the tub exposed, etc. Considering that other local hotels were priced at $45 vs the $89 we paid at the Super 8 (after an AARP discount), I think the hotel is overpriced for the area, probably due to its proximity to local businesses that have overnight travelers visiting. As much as the employees were very accomodating, the next time I visit my hometown, I will stay at the Algonquin in Bainbridge.

Date of stay: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Vesna H, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for placing your review.
As you may know we recently suffered a pipe burst in 9 places
which created a lot of damage to our hotel. The hotel is under renovation and being upgraded.
I checked our records and do not see a report of your concerns.
Were you able to advise the front desk.
All our super 8's gather and place their shower curtain in the middle safety bar along with the left and right open so we may be able to enter the tub as per your preference left or right.
Did you enjoy our breakfast along with our super sized fresh daily made waffles?
We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this super 8 before, which brought me back...again, was pleased with the room. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet, nice size flat screen tv, there was some hiccups accommodating me while extending my stay, each day, and getting the right rates but worked out to my satisfaction. Breakfast was fine, and area seemed clean and stocked well. There are places to eat within walking distance, and some shopping. I stay at a lot of super 8’s and thought this one excelled at cleanliness, and friendly staff. I liked my
Stay, I will stay here again or recommend.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to place a review.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2018

Date of stay: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Vesna H, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Reviewed January 5, 2018

The hotel was horrible. Mold all thru the bathroom. No hot water in the showers. A water main broke during my stay and had to leave 2 days early.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Vesna H, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry for your experience.
Our crew is working diligently to make repairs
and anticipate re-opening soon with many upgrades!
We hope you will try us again.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

i have stayed at this motel 8 several times and it has been very nice. it's the only one in the area, but still my husband and myself prefer this hotel. many of the family members we see in n.y. are easily to get to see from this location. keep up the good work! will probably stay there next time when visiting family in n.y.

Date of stay: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review!
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.