All reviews fruit and yogurt handicapped room waffle maker rooms are clean and comfortable free breakfast is desk clerk following morning stay there again first floor one night stay motel cooperstown super8 odour ny hallway proximity
Reviewed June 28, 2018

The room was very clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. But the shower didn't have great pressure and whistled wallet is being used. The staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was good. The room was nice.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vesna H, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review!
Did you get an opportunity to advise the front desk for immediate correction of the shower?
We will look into this and correct.
We hope you will try us again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

The room was awful, king size bed shoved up against the wall, barely enough room to walk between the wall and bed, How the TV was positioned made it hard to see since the bed was against the wall, limited outlets, to plug in electronics, and the outlet behind the desk was overload, shower was lukewarm at best and the breakfast was a joke. Expected better accommodations for the price we paid for the room.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry about your experience.
Did you get a chance to speak to the front desk regarding your concerns?
We hope you will try us again.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I booked a room here and paid in advance (FEBUARY) it is now MAY 21, I was informed last night that my PAID room was canceled because they over booked the hotel. I am traveling out of state to see my family compete in the canoe regatta. as this is a big event for this area I cannot find a room without having to travel to towns further away!!! 3 months to let me know my pain in advance room was not available because they overbooked!!!!! DO NOT BOOK HERE UNLESS YOU DONT MIND SCRAMBLING LAST MINUET TO FIND ACCOMMODATIONS

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Vesna H, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to place a review. We are very sorry for your experience. We had a sprinkler pipe that burst into 9 places.
Our replacement furniture went on backorder. Therefore, we are short rentable rooms, hence the overbooking. We are hoping this will be resolved very soon. We have tried every possible means for his not to happen. I hope you will try us again in the future, we promise this will be the best experience if you give us another chance.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

One night May 2018. Can't really understand why people rate this motel as they do. Other than an unusual remote receiver "eye" problem, I had no troubles at all. The motel is conveniently located between Oneonta and Binghamton in a picturesque area right off the Interstate. Not a large motel, which was great and provided a quiet night's sleep.
With the price of rooms in Oneonta increasing all the time due to Little League tournaments, this motel was the perfect alternative. My second stay at this motel and would stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Vesna H, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you for your review!
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stayed at Sidney's Super 8 for a night while cleaning out my Mom's house due to the toilet and pipes being broken after a furnace failure while we were away. The hotel was clean and the personnel friendly and helpful, but the hotel itself was dated from its earlier days...patched up wall hole from the door knob, carpet replaced where someone had left a hot iron on, misplaced shower curtain arm that allowed it to settle into the middle of the arm and leave the ends of the tub exposed, etc. Considering that other local hotels were priced at $45 vs the $89 we paid at the Super 8 (after an AARP discount), I think the hotel is overpriced for the area, probably due to its proximity to local businesses that have overnight travelers visiting. As much as the employees were very accomodating, the next time I visit my hometown, I will stay at the Algonquin in Bainbridge.

Date of stay: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Vesna H, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Sidney NY, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for placing your review.
As you may know we recently suffered a pipe burst in 9 places
which created a lot of damage to our hotel. The hotel is under renovation and being upgraded.
I checked our records and do not see a report of your concerns.
Were you able to advise the front desk.
All our super 8's gather and place their shower curtain in the middle safety bar along with the left and right open so we may be able to enter the tub as per your preference left or right.
Did you enjoy our breakfast along with our super sized fresh daily made waffles?
We hope you will give us another try in the future.