“Very Good Pizza”
Review of Vernak's

Vernak's
Ranked #24 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Description: Vegetarian friendly, Gluten Free Options, Allergen Friendly, Family Friendly, Craft Beer, Wine, Pizza, Burgers, Entree's, Salads, Purity Ice Cream, Growlers, Coffee, Children's Menu, Outdoor Seating, Catering, Sandwiches,
Reviewed December 24, 2016

It's tough to get good pizza in central New York. This place has very good pizza for a country store.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank John M

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We recently stopped at this restaurant after the recommendation of a local. This place is almost like an oasis in a rural desert when you are staying at a cottage. We ordered wraps and sandwiches- all home made. Everything was fresh and delicious including the cookies. We ate here several times within a week. Once we tried slices of a Greek pizza and then ordered it a few days later as part of a to go order. It's also good for your early morning cup of coffee!
There is a pharmacy (really!) and coolers with beer and dairy items if you run short.
The Vernak Country Store truly has a good thing going! One suggestion - get some booster seats for the little folks.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank S J G
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

We get pizza here a few times every summer. Our favorites are buffalo chicken style and pepperoni. This time we tried wings. They were very good too. I liked the crispy outside. We chose mild, and they were very mild but still good. Next time we'd get medium. Served with blue cheese, fresh carrots and celery. The establishment is currently changing- there's no longer a health food country store. They're expanding the restaurant. It will have more seating and a wine and beer selection is coming too. The young man who helped us was very nice and told us about the plans. Good service and good food!

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank ButtercuplovesWesley
Charlene V, Owner at Vernak's, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Thanks so much for the positive review. Our transition is taking a little longer than we would have hoped. Hopefully, we should have our approvals from the state liquor authority and the town board within another week or so. Then we will open up the indoor and outdoor seating. We do plan on rolling out our new menu beginning July 4th (either way). We appreciate your understanding of the delay in our transition. That's one of the nice things about owning a family business in a small community. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 22, 2015

As I made my way to my destination (Pine Grove B&B) I saw this cute country store and added it to my to do list. My visit almost didn't happen as we were running short on time, but my friend and I stopped in before parting ways. I decided to order a sub to go and am I glad I did!!

The sub was absolutely fantastic! I had been looking for a place selling subs like the old time country store of my childhood and have I found it! The ingredients were fresh and yummy, the ladies that served me were so friendly, even going out of their way to get me a glass of ice for my long trip.

As I left there was a sweet old woman selling her homemade breads on the porch. I had the pleasure of sampling her bread that morning at the B&B and knew I had to take some home to my family. For $3.25, it was a steal. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread never tasted so good.

This was the perfect way to end our ladies weekend and I will absolutely return EVERY time I am in the area!

Date of visit: September 2015
4  Thank BartonFamily3
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

After spending our third vacation on Otisco lake we just found this gem. Convenient and nice quality (including much organic / fresh / local options!). They carry a bit of everything from basic grocery products, fresh dairy /,eggs, there's an ice cream counter ( Purity ice cream!!), and a deli (subs, wraps, salads) and homemade pizza. The have a cute eat-in area and outdoor seating too. You must try the breakfast pizza - yeah, I was skeptical but my whole family is hooked. Oh, and freshly roasted, ground coffee and locally made jams and syrup ( great for gifts). I love this place and can't wait to go back next year.

Date of visit: August 2015