“light fare and a great bakery”

The Corner at Skaneateles Bakery
Ranked #23 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Reviewed 12 June 2015

I was in town on business and wanted a quiet meal alone. I stopped just in the nick of time. It filled up with some of the locals and folks that had been there before. I had a better than average salad with shrimp and wine. If you need a roll with your salad meal that will be extra. Great service and you have to check out the bake shop. I wasn't in the mood for something sweet but they make some slammin coffee.

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

Stopped in due to it being the only place in town without a line going out the front door. Great food at very reasonable prices and the service was very friendly and prompt.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

Seven diners enjoyed all their meals and there was a crumb to be found! The options were minimal and I wanted to try them all. I enjoyed selections that are different than the norm. We all left there pleasantly satisfied. The service was excellent and our waitress could not have been more accommodating.

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

Went to The Corner tonight for dinner with a friend. Wine choices were fantastic, with three of my local Seneca Lake favorites; Damiani, HJ Wiemer, and Fulkerson. There was a half price bottles of NYS wine deal going on! Service was excellent and dinner delicious. We followed a generous local cheese and fruit plate with a slider each and two small plates to share. My friend had the beet slider and said it was great. I had the special: caramelized onion and dill cheddar on a brioche bun, Yum! The small plates were difficult to choose from the tempting menu. We settled on the mushroom tart and Brussels sprouts.The tart was earthy and creamy yumminess on a flaky shell. The Brussels sprouts were roasted with a mustard vinaigrette, cooked to a perfect tender crisp with just the right amount of tangy. This was the perfect dinner out. Casual but gourmet. Prices were reasonable, with no leftovers, and just enough room for a cup of tea and a macaroon. So good! Looking forward to dining here again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

This gem is in my hometown. it is my favorite spot to bring visiting friends and family, or go chat with my husband over a late nite snack and glass of wine. when i am there i feel like I'm on vacation! its elegant and cozy, delicious food with a unique to the area menu. good vegetarian and vegan options.