“Salted chocolate caramels and a hot coffee on a winter day....”

Vermont Green Mountain Specialists Co
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Skaneateles
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I always hit this place during Dicken's Christmas... HUGE candy selection, excellent coffee and hot chocolate... Really nice people. Just on the outer edge of downtown but usually busy with loyal patrons looking to warm up on a cold day... Great in the winter too, love their jellied fruit slices!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Wow...I have visited this shop in the past and purchased great candies and other sweets, and always enjoyed myself there. My question this year is...what happened? We walked in during a busy time, as it was the Dickens Celebration in town. But once inside, we had an impossible time getting any service at all. I waited at the counter where they dispense the candies and truffles for five minutes. Then ten minutes. Then fifteen minutes. Nothing. I couldn't get a service person to even look at me or anyone from our family. They had no line organized, and no service either. There were only to girls to service the many, many people, and they didn't seem to care whether they took care of anyone or not. For at least five minutes, they got together for a chat in the back corner of the store, all while people were looking around saying, "where is the help." No one was getting anywhere, and some folks who came in LONG after everyone else seemed to be able to walk up and "win the lottery" to speak to a service person. after 15-20 minutes, we just gave up and left. I give out very few scores of '1' on this website, (less than 1% of all my reviews,) but this is one of those. Skip this place; there are better places in town to get sweets where they actually care about your business.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We always stop when passing through the village on weekends. Great coffee and chocolates! Kay always has a big smile and great service.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We walked the town shopping and stopped for a snack and something to drink. We had a BLT, tea, and cookies. Everything was efficiently made and tasted wonderful. They have a nice variety of coffees, tea, and pastries. Although small, the place is cozy and a wonderful place to stop after a day of shopping.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We stopped by for an after lunch coffee. We have been to Skaneateles many times and walked that street up and down and had never noticed the place before. It is a beautiful store and the chocolate is quite tasty too. We tried a couple of dark chocolate truffles and they were very good. We had two macchiatos and they were not great but that is because we don't like green mountain coffee - it's too bitter and acidic.
I also bought some dark chocolate to take home and they are very good.