Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2019

Our family (2 adults, 3 children ages 11,7 and 1) enjoyed our stay at La Basse Cour in November 2018. Diane and Larry were tireless hosts who made us feel entirely at home and embraced our children's endless curiosity in their beautiful farm. As our kids spread hay for animal beds, picked carrots and fed apples to the beautiful horses, we conversed easily and happily with Diane and Larry. We loved it here and cannot wait to return. If you are looking for the real thing with people who are generous in time and spirit, you have found it. What a gem!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2016

The farm was gorgeous. It’s nestled among soft, rolling hills. Chickens, geese, goats, cows and horses roamed happily in ample fields and through a babbling brook. Dianne and Larry went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and enjoyed our visit. Our charming attic room was lovingly appointed with quilts and homemade soaps. Dianne served an outstanding country breakfast of farm eggs, jams, and freshly baked breads. Larry took time out of his schedule to give us a tour of the property. They were both quite knowledgeable about the area and of course, local farming practices. We were fortunate to have found this place!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LaBasseCour, Owner at La Basse Cour, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 31, 2015

It was my skeptical mom's first trip with Airbnb, and I couldn't have picked a more reassuring place for her than Diane and Larry's farm. They've had their B&B for seven years I think, but they've only been on Airbnb since this summer, hence the small number of reviews. But I knew in advance I found a good place when I saw how Diane had warmly responded to each of the other reviews, which are all positive! Usually you only see the proprietor doing this when the reviews are negative.

I've been struggling over the last few days to write this review because I know that my words won't do justice to either their place or to Larry and Diane themselves. The two of them apparently met when discussing how to make the best type of water filter for impoverished communities abroad. I believe that Diane herself then traveled to Kenya, Burundi, and Haiti to deliver these filters.

My mom and I were only there for one night, but I had such a intellectually stimulating chat with Diane about nonprofits and economic development that I left feeling like I was saying goodbye to a long-term friend. On top of their farm/B&B, she coordinates the operations for about six different non-profits in her local community! Some of the food that they grow on their farm (eggs and vegetables) goes to the neediest in their area, so your stay with them is a real giveback to their community.

Their farm is indeed a real working farm. For more photos, I believe they have a FB page under "La Basse Cour." They also have a website you can search for. I gathered that Larry oversees the farm side of the business, and Diane does the B&B side. We stayed in the upstairs suite.

Our bed sheets were turned back, like in a hotel, and we had plenty of cozy quilts. The iron stove downstairs sends up plenty of heat, and there were electric-heat baseboards too. We slept with our windows slightly ajar, which made me worry that roosters at dawn would wake us up. But we heard nothing since they are all kept in a hen house. The only sound with the window cracked was rain falling on the roof.

Breakfast included homemade cranberry-orange bread, about fourteen banana pancakes for the two of us, yogurt with granola, and other goodies. I skipped lunch after we left and barely ate anything for dinner.

Lastly, as we walked to our car, about 25 of their ducks followed us from the farmhouse. Such a CUTE place!

Room tip: We were in their upstairs suite.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your generous words and for visiting with us! Hope we see you again one day!