“"You can wash your hands and go to the bathroom at the sametime"”

Southold Beach Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Southold
Smithtown, New York
“"You can wash your hands and go to the bathroom at the sametime"”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night 9/16/2011 and thank god thats all that we booked it for. Before entering our room #1 our door was broken on the outside. THe outside patio table and chairs were filthy we had to clean them ourselves. The room was so small. The bed pretty much is the whole room. There was a small kitchen two steps away from the bed and was very outdated we did not use it and a small fridge. The bathroom was so small you literally can sit on the toilet andwash your hands. The sink is not the standard size sink its a very small one right in front of the toilet bowl. The best part was the shower the drain were backed up to our ankles while showering. I told the management and she didnt seem to be concerned about it. For $150 plus tax a night I would say save your money. There is a little beach across the street but that is filled with garbage. Defintly disappointed.

Room Tip: The road is right there so you will hear a lot of street traffic.
6 Thank melinda o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
new york city
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The room cost $150plus $25 for staying only one night instead of two. For this we got a tiny room with broken storm/screen door,broken floor tiles and an airconditioner that sounded like an airplane taking off.The reception lady was very nice but she did not make up for a terrible room at a very high price.

2 Thank aureliaNewYorkCity

Travellers are raving about these Southold hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here after a wedding and seriously considered driving home 2 hrs late at night and losing $175+. Paid more per night bc we were only staying one night not two. Stayed in unit #1. Nothing up to date, bathroom was miniature, and shower tiles were filled with mold. Instead of individually packaged soaps, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner; everything was in a dispenser on shower wall, gross and almost empty. Front screen door didn't close, tiles were missing pieces and all cracked. A/C was dirty and smelly, probably had no filter changed, didn't work well, and was very loud. We slept on our beach towels instead of using the bedding. The location was prime, right across the street from beach, with nice patio tables outside your unit. Reminded us of a dirty city motel but with a Hilton price tag. A little dated is fine but dirty is unacceptable.

Room Tip: Unit # 1 seemed like the smallest on the motel layout map, so maybe it's the worst one? Maybe if...
1 Thank RSJ83
Seaside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was excited to spend my first weekend in LI. I am a big beach person and wanted a change of scenery from the Jersey Shore.. From the time of booking my reservation the owner had an attitde toward me. I am 27 years old and she treated us like we were going to throw a kegger and destroy the hotel room..My gf and I were in a wedding party and we stayed there with our boyfriends for the wedding weekend...
Beware if you are staying there you are allowed a two towel allotment for four people per day... So bring your own towels
I have done a lot of traveling around the world and have never been treated to poorly by the owner of a hotel.. What happened to customer service and accomidations...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank JerseyBlonde84
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Southold Beach Motel was a perfect place to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We suntanned and swam in the nice beach across the street. The motel is readily accessible to the wine vineyards and restaurants. You can play volleyball in the backyard and also barbecue a nice juicy steak while drinking a cold beer. Later you can watch the beautiful sun set. Amy, the owner is very friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend staying at the Southold Beach Motel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rom150
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We did a family reunion at the Southold, pretty much filling up the entire place -- and it was great! The owner was very nice, the rooms were clean, and the beach view was excellent. We were able to rent a tent and put it up in the backyard for our events, which worked out very, very well. You should go to this place ,,,,

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Justme2011_11
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed at this motel with my family for two nights in late June. The location is great. It's right across from a very clean beach and less than a mile from a great restaurant known as O'Mally's. The owner was sweet and made every effort to take care of us. The backyard is nice and grassy with grills and yard furniture for the guests to use. The room was clean. There were no bugs of any sort. The kitchen was sufficient with a sink, fridge, toaster, and microwave (we stayed in a room with two beds). What I enjoyed most of the motel was relaxing on the front deck in full view of the ocean. If I were to return to this area I would choose to stay at the Southold Motel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank almy82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
7.2 km away
3.9 km away
The Pridwin Hotel
The Pridwin Hotel
#2 of 5 in Shelter Island

Been to Southold Beach Motel? Share your experiences!