I stay at my fair share of chain hotels. I use Priceline a lot and I get a variety of brands in my travels.
The Crowne Plaza Suffern is the best hotel I've stayed in that isn't a resort...maybe ever. I'm not sure if it's newly refurbished or what, but it's amazing.
To start... the lobby is expansive and pleasing to the eye. The theme of the hotel is obviously modern. There's lots of whites, with fancy light fixtures. Huge ceiling fans that I've never seen before. It's great.
In the middle of the lobby is a large Koi Pond with a dozen or more huge koi fish. It was very cool to see. Next to the Koi pond is the Koi Lounge. A small little bar with open seating. We had a couple drinks there, it was serviceable.
The lobby has meeting areas and tables, and couches, and televisions everywhere. It's definitely a business hotel and its set up for multiple groups to be able to lounge in the lobby and discuss work.
The hallways also have modern lighting fixtures and truly reminded me of Disney World's brand new Bay Lake Tower resort. Once inside the room, the theme continued. New age chairs and a couch. It definitely worked.
The climate control performed as it should as opposed to most hotels now that let you play with a thermostat but nothing changes in your room. If you wanted it hot, it was hot. If you wanted it cold, it was cold.
There's really nothing negative I can say about the hotel except for two things.
1) If you're not a local looking for a quiet night away or 2) a businessperson working in Northern Rockland County, then I don't know why you'd stay in Suffern. There's nothing really to do. That's something to think about.
Finally, if you have a room on the interior of the hotel, your "window" will be facing a hallway. Not outside. Zero natural light in the morning (or any light at all) is really not conducive to waking up.
All in all, perfect hotel. I can't see it being 3 stars for much longer. It's obviously a 3 1/2 star place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffern Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center also known as the GEM of Rockland County is situated in a distinctive setting. It features 230 artfully renovated guest rooms and suites, Flagstone's Restaurant The Koi Lounge, a fully equipped 24 hour fitness center, and business center. It features the newest ballrooms in the county making it the perfect location for corporate conventions and meetings, weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, and social events. Whatever the reason for your visit to our hotel, you can enjoy the tranquility of our countryside surroundings with easy access to the excitement of New York City. Not to be forgotten would be a shopping spree at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, with over 200 stores to choose from! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza, Suffern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza, Suffern Hotel Suffern
- Holiday Inn Suffern
- Suffern Holiday Inn