Crowne Plaza, Suffern
US$81
US$143
US$130
Doubletree.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$128
US$116
US$162
US$110
All reviewskoi loungefront deskwoodbury commonsbreakfast buffetbusiness tripbeautiful lobbynice hotelholiday innwedding weekendlobby arearooms are modernwest pointminute drivehotel restaurantfirst floorthis past weekenda great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stay at my fair share of chain hotels. I use Priceline a lot and I get a variety of brands in my travels.

The Crowne Plaza Suffern is the best hotel I've stayed in that isn't a resort...maybe ever. I'm not sure if it's newly refurbished or what, but it's amazing.

To start... the lobby is expansive and pleasing to the eye. The theme of the hotel is obviously modern. There's lots of whites, with fancy light fixtures. Huge ceiling fans that I've never seen before. It's great.

In the middle of the lobby is a large Koi Pond with a dozen or more huge koi fish. It was very cool to see. Next to the Koi pond is the Koi Lounge. A small little bar with open seating. We had a couple drinks there, it was serviceable.

The lobby has meeting areas and tables, and couches, and televisions everywhere. It's definitely a business hotel and its set up for multiple groups to be able to lounge in the lobby and discuss work.

The hallways also have modern lighting fixtures and truly reminded me of Disney World's brand new Bay Lake Tower resort. Once inside the room, the theme continued. New age chairs and a couch. It definitely worked.

The climate control performed as it should as opposed to most hotels now that let you play with a thermostat but nothing changes in your room. If you wanted it hot, it was hot. If you wanted it cold, it was cold.

There's really nothing negative I can say about the hotel except for two things.

1) If you're not a local looking for a quiet night away or 2) a businessperson working in Northern Rockland County, then I don't know why you'd stay in Suffern. There's nothing really to do. That's something to think about.

Finally, if you have a room on the interior of the hotel, your "window" will be facing a hallway. Not outside. Zero natural light in the morning (or any light at all) is really not conducive to waking up.

All in all, perfect hotel. I can't see it being 3 stars for much longer. It's obviously a 3 1/2 star place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing outdoors, and if they're newly refurbished, make sure you ask for one of the new rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Section1Guy
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

WOW....thank you for the fantastic comments regarding your recent stay. My team and I appreciate the genuine feedback and rave review. It seems the Crowne Plaza Suffern created a warm memory and exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you and hopefully we'll see you soon!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

this crowne plaza was just recently renovated its a real masterpiece, an amazing lobby the staff are very helpful the rooms very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mashgiach
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting the Crowne Plaza Suffern. My team and I are extremely pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and provided a memorable stay.
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Suffern!!!

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I visited the hotel this week for business and it was very nice. I had an issue with the temperature in the room as it was really really cold. The staff there was awesome and they were able to help me sending a technician. They also called several times asking if I wanted to change my room or if there was anything else they can do to make stay even more enjoyable. They were FANTASTIC and made stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Wow...thank you for the geniune comments regarding your recent stay. First, my team and I sincerely apologize for the temperature issue but glad to know it was resolved. I shared your review with the staff and they were thrilled to know that their efforts were recognized.
Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Suffern!!!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I haven't stayed here since the hotel was renovated. I arrived the weekend of 12-10-11 for a night. I had reserved the room online, the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The renovations turned out well the hotel looked good. I had a room on the second floor, the elevator was unheated and very cold inside. The room was very nice as was the bed. Everything was clean and fresh. The room was cold so I turned the heat on, the heat ran all night and never shut off, as it was just blowing out warm air and not hot air. That wasn't much of a problem once under the blankets anyway. The bar was nice, although I do miss the old bar, it was unique with it's bi levels. The hotel was not busy, there was no noise and I never even heard a door slam the whole night. The half shower wall in the bathroom was not a good idea because the water splashes all over the floor. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Thank you for sharing your favorable comments and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay. My team and I sincerely appreciate your business and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Suffern. All the best for a warm holiday and healthy New Year!

Reviewed 9 December 2011

If you're young and doing business in the Rockland County area, like an active late night bar, good Wi-Fi, and don't care that much about noise or room accommodation, this is the place for you. Access to the NYS thruway is excellent and downtown Suffern has an excellent Italian, Spanish, and Mexican restaurant within five minutes from the hotel. They allow dogs. However, if you need quiet for sleeping, a bathtub, a serious workout facility, and attentive staff, then NO, this is not your hotel. Put up my brother, an out-of-town visitor here, and thought the rooms were just average, and the ones facing the Atrium must be impossible with convention/party noise. Would make a decent large wedding space. So, you see, 50/50.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, request an outside - facing room. All suites face inside.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank toughcritic40
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Suffern for your brothers "home away from home" while in town and sharing his experience. Although the hotel is quite active I sincerely apologize for any uncontrollable noise issues. My owners and I are in the process of planning a hospitality area for late night guest furthur from the guestrooms which should resolve the issue.. Since all guestrooms have new European showers we are adding bathtubs to three guestrooms as of February 1st for those that request them. Again, my genuine "thank you" for choosing the Crowne Plaza Suffern.