“Pat "A lovely hotel"”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
Plymouth, MA
“Pat "A lovely hotel"”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a lovely hotel. It has recently been renovated from a Holiday Inn and is spacious and beautiful. There was a managers' reception for Priority Club members that was exceptional. Food in the restaurant was also excellent. A great find. We have stayed there twice on our road trips between Boston and D.C. A perfect stop!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for posting the review. The Priority Club Reception was a blast and I'm glad you enjoyed it. This was our best turn-out since opening one year ago. My team and I sincerely "thank you" for your business and look forward to your return visit soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2012

So, we found this little gem while surfing the web. We were looking to shop at Woodbury and hit Manhattan for a day. We have been in this area before but not to this hotel.So we went the Easter weekend. First off, it was extremely easy to find, good directions and well signed on the road. Then when we drove up, we were a little worried as the building looks more like an office building or a very dated hotel. Parked (lots of parking) and walked in and I literally inhaled. What a stunning hotel. It was redone last year and it is just beautifully decorated and laid out. I won't go into too much detail, but I will say the rooms are the same and more importantly...the hotel staff were excellent. Always pleasant and helpful. Bill at the "Koi Lounge" was a great addition. We spent most of our evenings eating at the bar and enjoying his company. He has impeccable manners and delivery as a bartender which is rare to find nowadays...and the joking around was fun. Thanks Bill!!! As for the food at the bar and restaurant (it all comes from the same kitchen), it was some of the best I have had in years. We had planned on dining around the area but after our first dinner there we made sure we were back to the hotel for dinner all three nights. The menu is not huge but there is (really) something for everyone and it was beautifully cooked and presented. My compliments to the chef. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Because of the location, all the rooms should be good. It is a three story building and away from th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay. I just shared your comments with Bill the Bartender, Chef Brian and the rest of the team. Your feedback is a valued asset to the success of the hotel and sincerely appreciated. Please stop by next time your in the area and hopefully you found some great bargins at Woodbury Commons.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I thought the outside of the hotel could use some renovations. The rooms however are beautiful ! Clean and new ! The lobby is a great upgrade, wide open spacious !
I really have to compliment Bill the bartender ! Very friendly and great about sharing interesting things to see and do in the area ! I would definitly come back !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim G
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Tim, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit. I agree that Bill is an exceptional member of my team and was extremely pleased to read your review.
Looking forward toward your next visit and please stop by office to say hello anytime.
dallas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My day brightened the second I walked through their doors. This is NOT your average Crowne Plaza. The front desk staff greeted me with smiles on their faces and the lobby is bright and welcoming. Robin, the Crowne Meetings Director, showed me to my meeting room that was already set and they even had my boxes in there. The meeting space here is incredible with clean, crisp lines, warm colors and incredible lighting. The banquet / restaurant staff is happy and the restaurant food is fantastic! The staff is so pleasant to be around, I loved talking with them! The room is updated with modern decor and a TON of desk space. The TV is larger than the one I have in my home and I easily connected my computer to the TV so I could work from the comfortable chaise that comes in King rooms. It was awesome! My boss was so excited about her experience that she's talking about bringing the entire team out here. It's also a really short drive to Nyack, NY with lots of fun things to do on your down time. Thank you so much to Robin, Jill and Chantel for making me look so good, you're the best and we can't wait to come back! (PS: I took a picture of the beautiful Koi pond that they have in the lobby and my 5 year nephew is begging to come out here too, ha!) Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Happy Traveler......your feedback is very much appreciated. I'm extremely pleased that my team was able to exceed your expectations and create a memorable Crowne Plaza experience. Next time your in the area please stop by and say hello.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Cleaning crew and staff were unprepared for a simulated fire drill!! It was a little chaos and all over the place.

Amazing hotel for the rest!! Super clean and modern. Great location if you don't want to be too far from manhattan and Woodbury premium outlet. Nothing to do around the hotel tho. You need a car and 30mins walk to go anywhere.

• Stayed September 2011
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Mr. Veilleux, Thank you for the excellent feedback during your stay. Sorry for the confussion while the hotel conducted a simulated fire drill but since September 2011 we have gotten much better at practicing life safety procedures. Although our location is convienent to Manhattan and much more affordable the hotel now has a shuttle bus that can take guest to local businesses. Hopefully you'll visit us again when in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel is beautiful. It has one of the more spacious lobbies I have encountered in my travels along with a really nice koi pond with waterfall (my toddler enjoyed watching the fish). While this is a business hotel, the lobby was so large, with places to lounge and relax, families would possibly find it nice for relaxing and socializing in the evening in they have a large group. It also had a very nice bar and restaurant with prices that I felt were reasonable considering what hotel fare sometimes can go for.

The staff was always very pleasant and informative and everyone I met was happy and cheerful.

The rooms were immaculate with comfortable beds, LCD tv, fridge, microwave, and a European styled shower. One small perk, which for those of you with young children will know can be a blessing, was a coin operated washer and dryer. I found this very unusual for a hotel of this caliber yet can mean the world to parents with a messy child.

The only drawback is that the hotel itself is within walking distance of nothing. There is a diner that we enjoyed a short distance away along with a Wal-mart and grocery store within a mile if you forgot anything. The town of Nanuet is about a 10 minute drive and anything you wish store or restaurant wise can be found there.

Definitely consider this hotel if the price is right. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Wow!!! Thank you for the genuine comments regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Suffern. My team and I are extremely proud of the hotel and always welcome feedback from our guest. I'm pleased to know your stay was a memorable one and the hotel exceeded your expectations.
When in the area, please keep us in mind for your next home away home.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stay at my fair share of chain hotels. I use Priceline a lot and I get a variety of brands in my travels.

The Crowne Plaza Suffern is the best hotel I've stayed in that isn't a resort...maybe ever. I'm not sure if it's newly refurbished or what, but it's amazing.

To start... the lobby is expansive and pleasing to the eye. The theme of the hotel is obviously modern. There's lots of whites, with fancy light fixtures. Huge ceiling fans that I've never seen before. It's great.

In the middle of the lobby is a large Koi Pond with a dozen or more huge koi fish. It was very cool to see. Next to the Koi pond is the Koi Lounge. A small little bar with open seating. We had a couple drinks there, it was serviceable.

The lobby has meeting areas and tables, and couches, and televisions everywhere. It's definitely a business hotel and its set up for multiple groups to be able to lounge in the lobby and discuss work.

The hallways also have modern lighting fixtures and truly reminded me of Disney World's brand new Bay Lake Tower resort. Once inside the room, the theme continued. New age chairs and a couch. It definitely worked.

The climate control performed as it should as opposed to most hotels now that let you play with a thermostat but nothing changes in your room. If you wanted it hot, it was hot. If you wanted it cold, it was cold.

There's really nothing negative I can say about the hotel except for two things.

1) If you're not a local looking for a quiet night away or 2) a businessperson working in Northern Rockland County, then I don't know why you'd stay in Suffern. There's nothing really to do. That's something to think about.

Finally, if you have a room on the interior of the hotel, your "window" will be facing a hallway. Not outside. Zero natural light in the morning (or any light at all) is really not conducive to waking up.

All in all, perfect hotel. I can't see it being 3 stars for much longer. It's obviously a 3 1/2 star place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing outdoors, and if they're newly refurbished, make sure you ask for one of t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Section1Guy
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
WOW....thank you for the fantastic comments regarding your recent stay. My team and I appreciate the genuine feedback and rave review. It seems the Crowne Plaza Suffern created a warm memory and exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you and hopefully we'll see you soon!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
4.2 km away
10.5 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
5.0 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!