Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah
Courtyard
US$81
US$130
Doubletree.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah(Mahwah)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hampton.com
US$151
US$110
BestWestern.com
All reviewskoi loungefront deskwoodbury commonsbreakfast buffetbusiness tripbeautiful lobbynice hotelholiday innwedding weekendlobby arearooms are modernwest pointminute drivehotel restaurantfirst floorthis past weekenda great stay
Reviewed April 21, 2012

So, we found this little gem while surfing the web. We were looking to shop at Woodbury and hit Manhattan for a day. We have been in this area before but not to this hotel.So we went the Easter weekend. First off, it was extremely easy to find, good directions and well signed on the road. Then when we drove up, we were a little worried as the building looks more like an office building or a very dated hotel. Parked (lots of parking) and walked in and I literally inhaled. What a stunning hotel. It was redone last year and it is just beautifully decorated and laid out. I won't go into too much detail, but I will say the rooms are the same and more importantly...the hotel staff were excellent. Always pleasant and helpful. Bill at the "Koi Lounge" was a great addition. We spent most of our evenings eating at the bar and enjoying his company. He has impeccable manners and delivery as a bartender which is rare to find nowadays...and the joking around was fun. Thanks Bill!!! As for the food at the bar and restaurant (it all comes from the same kitchen), it was some of the best I have had in years. We had planned on dining around the area but after our first dinner there we made sure we were back to the hotel for dinner all three nights. The menu is not huge but there is (really) something for everyone and it was beautifully cooked and presented. My compliments to the chef. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Because of the location, all the rooms should be good. It is a three story building and away from the highway so it is nice and quiet. We were 2 doors from the elevators and never heard them....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay. I just shared your comments with Bill the Bartender, Chef Brian and the rest of the team. Your feedback is a valued asset to the success of the hotel and sincerely appreciated. Please stop by next time your in the area and hopefully you found some great bargins at Woodbury Commons.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I thought the outside of the hotel could use some renovations. The rooms however are beautiful ! Clean and new ! The lobby is a great upgrade, wide open spacious !
I really have to compliment Bill the bartender ! Very friendly and great about sharing interesting things to see and do in the area ! I would definitly come back !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim G
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Tim, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit. I agree that Bill is an exceptional member of my team and was extremely pleased to read your review.
Looking forward toward your next visit and please stop by office to say hello anytime.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My day brightened the second I walked through their doors. This is NOT your average Crowne Plaza. The front desk staff greeted me with smiles on their faces and the lobby is bright and welcoming. Robin, the Crowne Meetings Director, showed me to my meeting room that was already set and they even had my boxes in there. The meeting space here is incredible with clean, crisp lines, warm colors and incredible lighting. The banquet / restaurant staff is happy and the restaurant food is fantastic! The staff is so pleasant to be around, I loved talking with them! The room is updated with modern decor and a TON of desk space. The TV is larger than the one I have in my home and I easily connected my computer to the TV so I could work from the comfortable chaise that comes in King rooms. It was awesome! My boss was so excited about her experience that she's talking about bringing the entire team out here. It's also a really short drive to Nyack, NY with lots of fun things to do on your down time. Thank you so much to Robin, Jill and Chantel for making me look so good, you're the best and we can't wait to come back! (PS: I took a picture of the beautiful Koi pond that they have in the lobby and my 5 year nephew is begging to come out here too, ha!) Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Happy Traveler......your feedback is very much appreciated. I'm extremely pleased that my team was able to exceed your expectations and create a memorable Crowne Plaza experience. Next time your in the area please stop by and say hello.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Cleaning crew and staff were unprepared for a simulated fire drill!! It was a little chaos and all over the place.

Amazing hotel for the rest!! Super clean and modern. Great location if you don't want to be too far from manhattan and Woodbury premium outlet. Nothing to do around the hotel tho. You need a car and 30mins walk to go anywhere.

• Stayed: September 2011
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Veilleux, Thank you for the excellent feedback during your stay. Sorry for the confussion while the hotel conducted a simulated fire drill but since September 2011 we have gotten much better at practicing life safety procedures. Although our location is convienent to Manhattan and much more affordable the hotel now has a shuttle bus that can take guest to local businesses. Hopefully you'll visit us again when in the area.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. It has one of the more spacious lobbies I have encountered in my travels along with a really nice koi pond with waterfall (my toddler enjoyed watching the fish). While this is a business hotel, the lobby was so large, with places to lounge and relax, families would possibly find it nice for relaxing and socializing in the evening in they have a large group. It also had a very nice bar and restaurant with prices that I felt were reasonable considering what hotel fare sometimes can go for.

The staff was always very pleasant and informative and everyone I met was happy and cheerful.

The rooms were immaculate with comfortable beds, LCD tv, fridge, microwave, and a European styled shower. One small perk, which for those of you with young children will know can be a blessing, was a coin operated washer and dryer. I found this very unusual for a hotel of this caliber yet can mean the world to parents with a messy child.

The only drawback is that the hotel itself is within walking distance of nothing. There is a diner that we enjoyed a short distance away along with a Wal-mart and grocery store within a mile if you forgot anything. The town of Nanuet is about a 10 minute drive and anything you wish store or restaurant wise can be found there.

Definitely consider this hotel if the price is right. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Kevin W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Suffern-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Wow!!! Thank you for the genuine comments regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Suffern. My team and I are extremely proud of the hotel and always welcome feedback from our guest. I'm pleased to know your stay was a memorable one and the hotel exceeded your expectations.
When in the area, please keep us in mind for your next home away home.