See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Rented a cottage for a week this summer. The beds were all very uncomfortable, including the cot which was like sleeping in a hole, the bathroom is tiny and there is no sink in it. The kitchen faucet dripped constantly the entire time. The sliding glass doors leaked during rainstorms and we had puddles in the living room. The living room furniture was old and uncomfortable. The dishes and silverware were severely lacking (3 forks and 2 of them were bent!) There were only 2 coffee mugs, one of which could hold about 3 sips. The air conditioner's filter was dirty and we had to clean it in order for it to work properly. The side door of the cottage was nailed shut. Absolutely not worth the money we paid to stay there! We will not go back!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Angela D
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My family and I stayed at Sunset Cottages last summer. We are a family with two young children. From the beginning, Phyllis was very helpful. I orginally booked this earlier in the year and asked Phyllis many questions.I also called back several times to ask more questions. Each and every time,Phyllis was more than helpful. Once we arrived we were greeted and shown to our cottage. We found it very clean and comfortable. We inquired about internet and Phyllis immediately gave us the code and told us to call back if there was anything else she could do. We had such a peaceful and restful week while we stayed at Sunset Cottages. Would definitely recommend this place to anybody looking for a relaxing vacation! Thanks Phyllis.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The caretakers of Sunset Cottages, Phyllis and Earnie, bent over backwards to allow my family of 11 to rent two of the older units for three nights on the beach at Sylvan Beach. Enough good things cannot be said for the hospitality and patience that they showed us and the care that they demonstrated putting up with our ages from 1 month all the way to Senior Citizens ( my wife not me as I am only 23... until I have to get up!) If we recover from all of our Grandchildren having a great time we will definitely be back.

Room tip: This was a rental on Oneida lake
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank GENEAD
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The rental lady was very rude to me when I called, she told me straight up that she doesn't rent to younger people-(I'm 25 and so are my friends)and no couples she will only rents to family's. This is discrimination i am over the age 21 and just wanted to rent a cottage for my friends and I for a week. I would never think about staying here! I don't like people who discriminate and if you don't either save your money !! and go to a nicer place. I cant believe someone would do this!

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Travelgirl0386
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I was looking for a place to relax with my girl, check out some fall foliage and do some gambling at Turning Stone Casino. For the date of our trip, all the popular and local hotels were full. So I took a chance on the Sunset Cottage; approx. 15 mins. away from it all. What a choice; clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient to area restaurants. Remodeled cottages proved to be worthy of the $100, 2 night limit because during a wind and rain storm there was no drafts or excessive noise. Totally enjoyed the lake front cottage, and long walks in the ghost town of Sylvan Beach in the late fall. If you’re looking for a place to reunite and de-stress, check out Sunset Cottage's; it met all my expectations

Date of stay: October 2009