“Late lunch for four”

Captain John's Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Sylvan Beach
Reviewed September 12, 2016

I had the special, steak kabobs. Decent. Others had burgers and a foot long Hoffman's hot dog, which she raved over. As it was a bit after the usual lunchtime, there was only one overworked waitress on duty. She did her best, but they could have used another person.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

This is a fun place ! The interior reminds you of a pirate ship . The food is fabulous. we had Lobster Tail with Prime Rib what a meal , Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the area .B e sure to stop in . then get your pitcher taken with the Captain .

tail

1  Thank Sheila D
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Went to captain john's for the prime rib and lobster dinner for $16.99! Great price and great food !!! Loved all the fun beachy decor. Our waiter was awesome .... We had a great time.

1  Thank kim11866
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

This is my second visit to Captain Johns. We visited on a Wednesday. It was pretty crowded! They have a two for one margarita special and a surf and turf special with prime rib and two lobster tails. The majority of their menu is seafood based.

The place is decorated a bit busy. Cute, but busy. They do have a nice family atmosphere, with family portraits when you first walk in.

My toddler got their kid size spiral pasta with sauce on the side. My mother and I got New England clam chowder and the prime rib special with the lobster tails. My mom also got the margaritas (which she raved about!). The spiral pasta I got my toddler had a different flavor to it (that none of us could eat) and our lobster tails were a little over done. Past those things it was a pleasant experience. The staff was very pleasant and constantly checked in on us. The prime rib and chowder were great!! No room for dessert but the table next to us ordered cheese cake that looked amazing!! I wanted to give 4.5 stars (because once we mentioned the flaw in the pasta the waiter tried to make it right) but I am not able to. All in all I would recommend the restaurant to anyone that enjoys seafood!!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Went last night for early dinner and had another good meal. Steamer clams for apps. But the prime rib and lobster tail special was the highlight. Prime rib cooked perfectly, and lobster was so sweet. For $16.99 you can't go wrong. We also had green beans with garlic as a side, and the bread and butter filled us up. Only one disappointment... the wonderful artichoke hearts they had on the appetizer menu a few months ago are gone. Bummer! We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: June 2016