“Nice atmosphere for casual dining”
Review of Eddie's Restaurant

Eddie's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Sylvan Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Family friendly dining near attractions. Our food was ok, but one person in our group felt ill shortly after having eating the clams, ruined her evening. My fried fish was ok, but a little dry. Pricey for a simple fish. Service was good, and for a Saturday evening we received our food quickly. The service wasn't enough to bring me back.

There are newer reviews for Eddie's Restaurant

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I have been here several times. Food is just ok. Service is OK. I have friends that rave about it, but I just don't get it. It's just not that special. Food is just ok, and prices are nothing to brag about. It is often really busy. But like I said. I just don't get it. I'll probably go again sometime, but if not, that will be ok as well.

1  Thank Eric P
Reviewed 4 June 2017

A few friends raved about the experience here, but our visit was common and lackluster. There was a good crowd of people there and service was fine. The food was plain and nothing special. Neither companion nor I raved about anything we had. The fries were soggy and had some type of seasoning on them that did not enhance the flavor. The place seems to be very popular, though on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
We did not have any pie or ice cream and maybe that is their specialty

Reviewed 12 September 2016

For reasons that escape me, this place is very popular. The service is inexorably slow. The food is typical diner fare, medium quality at best. I've been there while it was busy and when it was half empty. It takes forever to get anything. Appetizers typically take 15 to 20 minutes and the main course another 15 at best. I went in one time to sit at the diner counter and get a couple of pieces of pie to go. Five minutes before my presence was acknowledged and another ten to get pieces of pie cut and put in plastic boxes.

I'm amazed that they're still in business.

1  Thank Norm G
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

It's been too long since we have been in Eddie's. Great menu, super friendly and fast service and food is consistantly very good. The spucy hot ham is very spicy and very good. I had the Saturday special chicken & biscuits for $9.99. A very generous portion of shredded chicken over biscuits, salad, side, a starch and bread. Took more than half home. Don't pay for parking as Eddie's has a free parking lot across the street. This place has been around for about 80 years. I'll be back.