All reviews destiny usa school bus modern design makes great drinks furry friends hang out with friends load unload complimentary bottle breakfast vouchers frosted window cook makes free parking across the street very cool place egg sandwich cafe style free parking lot water main break
Reviewed January 10, 2018

I stayed at the Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor Hotel for 1 night on January 8, 2018. It was a horror show.
The hotel is new, modern and nice looking, it's true.
Pictures online made it look even better and that was fine too.

However, the room itself was a different story. was a total horror show

There was literally a film of dust on every flat surface in my room, as though someone completed construction the day before and din't bother wiping down the place.

The bed linen had yellow streaks on it and I literally found somebody's pubic (?) hair on the sheet when I pulled down the cover.

Finally, as if this wasn't bad enough, my credit card was overcharged.

I was supposed to have paid $119 for the single bed occupancy for one night, plus tax. Then I additionally purchased two overpriced coffees while I was there.

Total bill (and reflected on my paper statement), should have been in the amount of $138.79.

Instead, when I logged into my online banking, I noted that I was charged $154.70?!!

I placed a call to the front desk this evening and they will "forward my issue to their billing department..blah blah blah" I'm not holding my breath here and will likely be doing a charge back.

I almost feel violated to find an extra charge to my card, other than what I was supposed to have paid for.

The moral of the story for me, is that what looks good on the surface, may very well be rotten to the core on the inside.

Kind of like my experience with Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor.

If you're taken in by the photos online, as I was and you wind up a guest here, do yourself a favor and check your bill SCRUPULOUSLY.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Judah G
Megan R, General Manager at Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Dear Judah G,

Thank you for taking the time share your recent stay experience at the Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

Additionally, we take billing very seriously and our records reflect a charge of $138.79. I would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you on this matter and resolve any discrepancy. Please call me at your earliest convenience at 315.565.7850 to discuss and your overall stay experience further.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

The room was nice, and the building looks new and modern looking. The bed was comfortable and I like the curved tile in the bathroom. The pool was nice and warm. Everything in the room and hotel looked and smelled nice and clean. The exterior design is fun, with colored lights all over the place.

The hotel is in the middle of nothing. Pizza Hut won't deliver to the hotel, Taco Bell is a 10 minute drive. You can see the mall from the hotel and there are a lot of food options there, but that's a 10 minute drive as well. It's a very industrial area, and the parking lot is across the road, but there IS a van that will drive you across the road and back, if needed.

The room (428) was chilly - it was around 30 degrees (F) outside, but the heater in the room just couldn't keep up. I turned the heater up as high as it would go (80) and the room was still chilly. I was trying to keep warm under the thin comforter on the bed, but ended up having to call the front desk for a second comforter, which did the trick. I'm guessing that the heater has been an issue - the front cover was hanging off the heater when I checked in, so I'm guessing that someone had been working on it recently. The heater is also LOUD. Like another reviewer has previously stated, I had to turn it off completely in order to be able to sleep without the intermittent noise waking me up throughout the night. The thermostat doesn't have options for "heat" or "cool." You can set the temperature you'd like the room to be at, but it's not possible to set the heater to come on only when the room temp has dropped to the new desired temp. Example - I got the room as warm as I could, but I couldn't hear the TV over the heater, so I thought I'd reduce the temp on the thermostat to 70 so I could get a break from the noise and watch TV. No can do - the heater immediately started kicking out COLD air, so I had to just shut it off altogether. Seems inefficient, and definitely annoying.

The thing I liked least about the room was the alarm clock - it looks like it has metal bells on the sides, like you see in cartoons. That's neat, but I could not figure out how to turn off the alarm that was set. Twice during the night something in the room beeped a few times and woke me up. Not sure if it was this clock or something else.

Finally - the pool was the main reason that I selected aloft over another hotel. I checked it out as soon as I dropped my bags off in my room. The pool room is nice and warm. It has a shower, restrooms, towels and comfy looking chairs. I stuck my hand in and the water was so warm! But the water was murky - the "a" tiled at the bottom of the pool was fuzzy looking and the water was noticeably not clear when looking at the deeper end by the underwater light. I could see the pool out my room window and even from the 4th floor I could tell that the water never cleared up all night. When I checked out, the woman at the front desk told me that there was a water main break recently and water may have backed up into the pool, but the maintenance guy told her that the water quality was fine. It wasn't fine enough for me to get in, though.

Overall, the place was decent, but not what I would expect from a new hotel. I was pretty disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Megan R, General Manager at Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear accountantonthemove,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the design of the hotel, I would like to apologize for the heating issue. I did have Chief Engineer make some adjustments to avoid future guests from experiencing a similar issue. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in the Syracuse area.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is new. So everything looks good, clean and very modern looking. An Art Deco of the 21st century. The front desk personnel were very friendly and also all of the staff we had the opportunity to interact with were polite, friendly and very helpful. Although the parking lot was still being worked at, we were able to park on the street and we had no problem with that. The price was very affordable for a Four Star Hotel. I give this hotel a 4.5 star for the looks, service and customer satisfaction.
We enjoy our stay and are happy that the ELoft Syracuse is a member of the SPG family!
Keep up the good work.
We will be back!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked the hotel for New Years Eve. We supposedly booked a room with a side view of Destiny USA( wanted to see the fireworks from our room) and a view of the harbor. When we got there we had a view of the bus garage across the street. After a call to the front desk we were moved to a room with at least a view of the harbor on the top floor.
We were able to watch the fireworks from the window in the hallway at least.

One major problem which was not the hotel's fault but was very inconvenient was a water main break down the road so there was no water from around 730 pm until 5 am. They offered free bottled water and drinks at the WXYZ bar to compensate but honestly who wants to drink if the toilets aren't working???

The beds were comfortable and it is located between downtown and Destiny USA so lots of shopping and restaurants available. They also have a free shuttle for the airport and mall( maybe other places as well but we only used it for the mall).

They do not offer free breakfast and they are pet friendly so keep that in mind. Parking is also in a lot across the street as others have mentioned.

It is a nice new hotel but while not having water didn't necessarily ruin our visit it definately was the part I remember most. Maybe we will give it another chance in the warmer weather and be more impressed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Megan R, General Manager at Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Dear mlanders,

Thank you for your feedback We do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you when the weather is nicer. We appreciate your understanding about the water main break and wish you a Happy & Prosperus New Year!

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

This is a really neat ultra modern hotel. The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, and it had just enough space for me (traveling solo).

What I did not like is that I was on the the very first floor next to the fitness center. I could hear people dropping stuff as well as running on the treadmill at night and early in the morning.

My company has an account with this hotel and when I checked in the person at the front desk told me there would be a $50 hold which was fine. I heard her tell another guest after me the same thing.

However, there was a $291.00 hold instead of $50. I was very disappointed that I was told one amount and ended up being almost 3 times as much. That was not good customer service. What if I did not have enough money on that cc.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Megan R, General Manager at Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Dear Lezmi89,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously as we understand the importance of authorizing credit cards correctly. If you have an opportunity, I would need to gather your stay details to investigate why we authorized your card for $291 not $50 so that we can avoid this mishap in the future.

If you would be so kind to call me at your convenience, I would greatly appreciate it. My direct line is 315-565-7850