All reviews leed platinum jewish temple stained glass boutique hotel eco friendly hotel steel cut oatmeal marshall street su campus walking distance nice shower coffee maker in the room free parking king bed location is great first floor carrier dome yogurt
Reviewed February 9, 2018

I travel to Syracuse Often, and typically stay at a four-star business type hotel. I decided to splurge as I was returning from an international trip and was willing to pay a big price tech for four nights day. The website made the place look pretty spectacular. It actually is much more along the lines of a Hampton Inn, the bottom line health and option. The room was noisy, both from the footsteps of people walking over head all day and all night, as well as the housekeeping staff would carry-on noisy conversations in the hallways. The Stephanie training, as they were often group together in the lobby complaining relatively loudly about their long shifts how tired they are, and just simply holding long personal conversations that guests don’t really need to hear. In addition, they were flickering lights in the bedroom smoke detector lights that were flashing all night, and no effort to remedy this. I was extremely unimpressed, so much so that I checked out a day early.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth N
Benets00, Manager at Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Good afternoon Elizabeth N.

Thank you for taking time to review the details of your visit to Hotel Skyler Syracuse

Please accept my apologies that the Hotel Skyler did not live up to the expectations that you had when you stayed with us. We know that our guests have choices to make when arranging for hotel visits and we were thankful you chose us. The fact that your expectations were not met is disappointing, I wish we could have done better. As evidenced by our online reviews and loyal customers, we are proud of our track record, but your particular case, the hotel did not meet your satisfaction.

I will make a point to re-visit with our Associates regarding personal conversations as well as meeting in guest areas in hallways and lobby areas. As a valued guest, you are there to enjoy the stay and not be witness to these types of interaction.

Should you ever consider a return visit, I would kindly ask you to contact me personally in order to coordinate your stay with us

Regards:

Rob

Rob Benetti
Area General Manager - Woodbine Hospitality

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Proximity to campus is awesome! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! The room was phenomenal! Very comfortable and well maintained! I will definitely look first to stay at the Skyler during my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Gen1K10
Reviewed February 7, 2018

This hotel was better than expected. The location is perfect for anyone attending a game and not have to worry about parking. the atmosphere is up to date, modern, yet welcoming. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2018

We stayed at Hotel Skyler for 3 nights for the Syracuse vs Virginia basketball game with a group and it was such a pleasure to stay there. First, the hotel is LEED certified and there is information around the hotel about how the surfaces, fabrics, lights, etc are environmentally friendly.

Every staff person greeted me with a smile and a hello. They were very helpful & friendly & knowledgeable on how the hotel's construction makes it unique.

We had a king sized bed that was extremely comfortable and cozy. I slammed my shin a few times on the corner of the bed's platform frame, but I can't blame anyone for that except myself.

The free breakfast had eggs, crispy bacon, sausage links, hot oatmeal with all the fixin's, bagels, toast, English Muffins, fruit cups, yogurt, cereal, and mini muffins. Coffee, hot water, and cold cucumber water was available all day in the lobby; orange juice, cranberry juice, and hot chocolate was available at breakfast.

We traveled with a group and the staff was very accepting of the group hanging out in the lobby for lunch and playing cards. The gas fire made the lobby warm & inviting in the evening.

We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is quieter than the 1st floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carrie S
Reviewed January 21, 2018

This is a unique and special hotel right on campus. Staff were some of the best I have encountered ever in terms of friendliness and helpfulness. This hotel used to be a synagogue and is quite unique in style and architecture. Price was very reasonable. Will be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple