All reviews gracious hosts excellent breakfast stay there again yeast banister
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Phillip and Faye were wonderful and gracious hosts. I made an error with the reservation (wrong date booked) and they were so helpful and put my mind at ease by accommodating us. The customer service here is excellent. The breakfast in the morning was ample and delicious. The fluffiest waffles I have ever had in my life. Simply the best!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently while on a visit to Syracuse to meet up with friends. This is an absolute gem. The owners are extremely friendly. House is beautiful and a little worn in some spots but that's to be expected with these older houses.

Banister is a little loose while you're walking up the stairs but that all adds to the charm. Bed is extremely comfortable with really expensive soft sheets. We had a king size bed and I had one of the best sleeps ever. Heavy warm fluffy towels in your private bathroom. Snacks await you in the room. This B&B has all the charm. Very traditionally decorated.

Breakfast is served at one table downstairs so you will basically eat with everybody.. as far as I'm aware there's only about four rooms. First of all you have orange juice and then a fantastic fruit salad with all types of berries and pineapple. Then comes the best waffle I've ever had in my entire life. I begged her for the recipe and all she would tell me was that it had yeast in it. It is light and fluffy and impossibly delicious ... Just when you think breakfast is done ----out come silver old-school platters with scrambled eggs and the crispiest lightest bacon you've ever tasted. There was also sausage patties believe it or not.
Everything is served on beautiful China. Heavy silver cutlery. Your hosts are extremely chatty --- generally chat while you eat but not overly obnoxious or pushy. South Carolina charm.
Grounds of the house are beautiful.

All in all this is a wonderful place to stay and I wholeheartedly give it 5 stars!
Now if I could just wrangel that waffle recipe out of her I would give her six stars!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2017

We stayed at the Barrington on our way home after a visit to the BaseballHall of Adams in Cooperstown.. The hosts were very nice Faye and Philip made us feel very welcome in their lovely home. Breakfast was delicious (awesome homemade waffles). We would definitely stay there again.

Also, they highly recommended an italian Restsurant Francesca's. Wonderful dimmer great service and beautiful patio.

Room tip: Great choice for couples
Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed July 17, 2017

An overnight stay making us wish we would have stayed longer. Phil and Faye were such charming people and gracious. A small problem with on line booking meant we were no longer registered, but they opened up their home and managed to set up a room for us in minutes. Comfy beds, the softest towels, and luxurious pillows..... and an amazing 3 course breakfast.... who could ask for more from a Bed and Breakfast?

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed November 20, 2016

Great overnight stay! Phil and Faye are great hosts, and the breakfast was amazing. Best waffles we've ever had... delicious home-cooked food. When we arrived they were transitioning the interior decorations to Christmas, and they have a flair for making quite a statement with their talent. There were 5 trees decorated, and they said they have a total of 30! Our room was super warm and cozy, with a nice and clean bathroom. Bed was a bit squeaky and soft, but it's the only flaw we found. The owners are kind and helpful and provided entertaining conversation. Off-street parking, quiet area, non-pretentious accommodations. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and we highly recommend this to anyone that wants to stay in a warm, cozy, beautiful and interesting home.

Room tip: There seemed to be only 4 rooms total, and all are on the 2nd floor. I would think they are all equally delightful.
Date of stay: November 2016