Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
US$139
US$95
US$156
Hilton.com
Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$161
  • Breakfast included
US$98
HIExpress.com
All reviewssyracuse airportfront deskfull kitchenpark and flythe maintenance manfrequent travelerkitchen areathe shuttle driverlittle thingsearly flightstaying at this hotelbed was comfortablethe holiday inn expresshome away from homecleaning staffcoffee makerfitness room
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked this room for my wife who was traveling to see our son at Fort Drum. After a long day of travel, she arrived at the Syracuse Airport and immediately called the hotel for the shuttle. She waited 25 minutes for the shuttle and then called back. The person said that he had forgot to tell the shuttle bus driver. Upon arriving at her room, she noticed there was no remote for the tv, the heater vent was falling out of the roof, there was sand on the floor, the toilet was dirty and there were candy wrappers on the floor. The only good thing about the experience was that the manager ended up comping her room due to the problems.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nvboatman
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for letting us know that the room was less than desirable that your wife was checked in to. I am sorry that the ball was dropped when she was trying to catch the shuttle. As seen in the other reviews listed here on Tripadvisor, this was an isolated incident and not the normal experience for our guests at the hotel. We always strive to provide great service and have clean rooms.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff is always cheerful and helpful. Close to airport, for when you have those early departures or late arrivals. Never have to wait long for van to arrive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, not once but twice !! We are very happy to hear you say that the staff is always helpful and cheerful. We know that customer service is the key to an enjoyable hotel stay along with having clean rooms. I have shared your comments with the staff to let them know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

A good, clean hotel. Somewhat strong smell of cleaning fluid (?) in the halls. Fitness room spacious with five machines. Value was there.

We missed a breakfast on site but there are a couple of good breakfast restaurants close by. They have a very well stocked pantry of food, munchies, etc. for which you put money in a slot, honor system. Nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Our team members here at the Candlewood Suites- Syracuse Airport wish you safe travels and hope to see you the next time you are in Syracuse.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in March. I chose this property as it was close to a family member's home, and had room for three adults, as it had a separate bedroom and a hide-a-bed, as well as a good size kitchen area, with a two burner cook top, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and utensils. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly, pleasant, and helpful, no matter the time of day. The parking was fine, and even though there was only one elevator, we never encountered a delay. I was disappointed however, as the trash can in the bathroom had not been emptied, and contained a soiled diaper and other trash. The carpet had not been vacuumed very well, and was a bit soiled, with a couple of stains that were quite obvious. The furniture, particularly the chair and sofa/hide-a-bed cushions, were getting very worn. The mattress on the sofa was worn, and looked as if it should be replaced. When I requested extra pillows and a blanket, the front desk provided them right away; however, both the blanket in the room and the one provided were torn and very worn. I also was unaware that the room was only serviced once a week; yes, it is an extended stay property, but I have stayed at other long-term (non-Candlewood) hotels that were cleaned on a daily basis. While it wasn't too inconvenient exchanging soiled towels for clean at the desk, I wasn't expecting it - again, I hadn't stayed at a Candlewood property before. If I could, I would rate this as a 3.5, due to the cleaning/trash issues, as well as some of the worn furnishings. Knowing what to expect, I would stay at a Candlewood property again, if one of my usual choices was unavailable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you very much for taking your time out to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that all of the team members you came in contact in during your stay were pleasant and friendly. We pride our selves on being a friendly hotel and like to make our guests feel at home during their extended stays in Syracuse. I am sorry that we did not inform you about our cleaning schedule here at the hotel. It is a standard that the room is serviced once a week, however we are very flexible and can adapt to any cleaning schedule our guests may need. I am very sorry for the garbage can in your room being missed during the cleaning of your room. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team members and we have used them as a training tool. All comments good or bad help us grow as a hotel. We are due for an upgrade on all of our soft seating here at the hotel and look forward to finishing that project in the near future. Thank you again for your time and your review and we look forward to serving you in the future if you happen to come to Syracuse to visit again.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed here before our flight out. Booked the stay and park package.Hotel personnel and shuttle service were both excellent.Drop off and pick up from and to the airport was seemless. The rooms were terrific with fridge,stove,micro,separate bedroom with TV was more than we required but was greatly appreciated.Room was spotless and heating system worked well.No complaints here in any aspect of the stay.Highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Make this your first choice for a stay if travelling out of Syracuse Airport and require parking and shuttle service.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple