“Great pizza, terrible service”
Review of Twin Trees Too

Twin Trees Too
Ranked #39 of 768 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in for a quick bite and a drink. We were seated promptly. We ordered 1 food item, a large pizza half cheese half pepperoni cut traditionally. We had 3 different people serving our table which was quite confusing. It took about 15 minutes for us both to get drinks. Also confusing as the restaurant was not busy. The pizza came out wrong. It was brought back to the kitchen with no apology or explanation. We waited another 20 minutes for our order to hit the table. Meanwhile, we helped ourselves to the bar to order drinks because none of our 3 servers were anywhere around. No one seemed to care that we were not being taken care of. This was one of the worst eat in experiences either of us has ever had and it is a shame because the food was delicious. We will be ordering takeout from now on.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

I've had pizza from nearly all of the Twin Trees establishments in the Syracuse area and the pizza here is pretty much like that at the others. It's not exactly what you are used to in that they have their own recipe for the cheese mix that tops it, and they cut it in an uncommon way--first in half, then into strips crosswise with the initial cut (not triangular wedges). But in terms of taste, it is very good, and while it won't be the only pizza I'll eat around here, I will definitely come back for it again.

In addition to the pizza, we had the minestrone soup. It was very tasty and chock full of vegetables and pasta. The broth is really more akin to sauce in consistency, as it is very thick for soup. That's not a complaint, as we liked it a lot.

We had one hiccup in our experience, and that was a goof by the cook. We ordered a pizza with half meatball, half pepperoni. Our server came to our table before delivering the pizza, apologizing to us that the cook incorrectly made one with half meatball and half sausage, and that he'd immediately make another for us with the pepperoni. We appreciated the honesty (they could have just hidden the mistake and make us wait without explanation) and they let us have the incorrect one anyway to tide us over while they finished the pepperoni pizza. So, we didn't think that this was a sign of poor service.

There's parking directly across the street, and the restaurant is handicap accessible.

Reviewed May 28, 2017

Twin Trees has always in my many years of eating Pizza in Syracuse has always had the best, creamiest and tastiest pizza in Syracuse. I have moved away and I had just taken my daughter and grandchildren from Rochester to the zoo in Syracuse. As a special treat-since it was so near TT2-I told them I'd take them for the best pizza they had ever tasted. Imagine my embarassment when I bit into what use to send my taste buds nuts-to a pizza with only a hint of what it use to be. It was good but far from GREAT. Very doughy and no special taste to it that I remember. In fairness-it was a weekday and at 3pm and no one else eating in there, and they had one from the freezer warmed up. I told my family-this is not the Pizza I remember.
If the occasion occurs again that I go there I will give it one more try-but the corner deli where I live has vastly much better pizza.

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Ok, so salads were just ok. Nothing special. Stuffed shells met my expectations. Liked the sauce and plenty of shells. Now for the disappointment. Medium wings were wimpy mild and had no crispness. Oil not hot enough? Don't know what went wrong but they disappointed. Actually better the 2nd day at home sprayed with oil and heated up. Still way too wimpy.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

We have been going here for a good number of years. Went on Friday 5/12 for dinner friends .I have to say the meals that the 3 of us had weren't good.
My wife's eggplant had big chucks of the products over cooked and dried out. My veal parm was over cooked and not tasty. The pasta that came with both the meals wasn't up to the way it use to . The other friends meal was the Skaneatles haddock was not good and wasn't hot. We have been going there for a number of years but didn't expect such a bad experience.