Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds
Hilton.com
US$95
Parkview Hotel(Syracuse)
US$139
Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$98
HIExpress.com
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$92
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsdead endcinnamon bunspancake machinebagelsquiet locationhorse showpool and hot tubexercise roomnice breakfastgreat stopfair groundsbusiness centerfree internetoff the highwaynew yorkcomfortable bedsgreat place to stay
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Hotel seemed fine, but then we noticed large black ants. Two on the pillows, one in the bathroom, and two on the walls. You just know there are more. Continental breakfast was adequate, nothing more. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Sarah W,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 March 2012

It seem Holiday Inn Express has come up with a way to "trick" people into buying rooms that are non-refundable and non-changeable. I guess they are trying to copy the airlines. So here is the deal - when you go on their website to book a room - it will call the room "pay in advance rate" (but this title does not stand out on their website and you might even miss it). This rate is not really much less that the others, so along with their 20 other types of rates (all are about the same) - it is easy to pick that one not really knowing that you are signing up to lose all of your money if you change your mind, get sick - it doesn't matter the reason. THEY DON'T CARE. I ended up getting my money back after 8 phone calls/ faxes to the General Manager of the hotel with a receipt from the hospital. What a sham - this is a totally new idea to me that a hotel chain would try to rip you off that like. Not only that - when I tried to find the prepaid/non-refundable rate again a two days before my reservation (I was getting ready to dispute it with my credit card as a fraudulent charge) - it didn't exist and a lower rate that was totally flexible showed up on the Internet. WATCH OUT! Just out of principle - I will NEVER stay there again. SHAME ON YOU HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear LTTBHHIA,

I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, please allow me to explain our advanced purchase rate.

We have recently implemented a new pricing structure that allows us the opportunity to offer deeper discounts to our customers. In order to offer these rates we must attach restrictions such as cancellation fees or full prepayment. Some of our lowest discounted rates carry full prepayment requirements while others carry a cancellation fee.

If rooms are available for your travel date, we will always offer the option of booking either restrictive (with cancellation/prepayment requirements) or non-restrictive (can be changed and cancelled without penalty) rates. This will allow you more flexibility in making your specific travel arrangements. For example: if you are certain about your travel plans, the restricted rate will be a consideration, whereas if your travel plans are less definite the unrestricted rate may better meet your needs.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I recently stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed the room. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was very clean. The only thing I did not enjoy was the painfully slow internet. 512kb/s (0.5mb/s) I was there for business and using old style DSL like connection was not great. Surprised for a big hotel they don't have higher connection speeds. I stayed at a motel that had 14.5mb/s connection. I reccomend they upgrade their internet. Other than that its a nice hotel that I recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank tzc5035
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was away for business trip, my boss booked this hotel. it is in the middle of nowhere, thanks to gps. got there to meet pleasant staff. my room was perfect. they even went the extre mile, as I did not have money on me when I ended up on the thruway and foe 35 cent they did not let me go. they gave me a paper to go pay within the next week, having no intention on taking the thruway again, i asked the front desk if they could take care of it for me. they accepted with pleasure to help me.thanks so much for a great stay

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The surrounding area landscape was quite undeveloped, (yo, get a sign out by the road!) so we were a tad apprehensive, but went there on another's recommendation. What a beautifully pleasant surprise! I've been in a bunch of places, over the years, and I always manage to find some overlooked detail, in even the nicest of places. Drives my wife crazy, cuz I'm such a detail freak, more out of curiosity than being critical. Our room was freakin gorgeous. They got someone with a really good eye to design every last piece of moulding and placement in there. Really, very impressed with the appearances of everything there. Breakfast in the AM was WAY better than we'd anticipated and all the staff was super courteous. Froze our butts off in the pool, though it was the last hour it was open, and the jacuzzi couldn't warm us up enough, either, so that was the only bummer. Except for the thumb in the chili...just kidding! Out of five stars, I'd give this a 6. thnx, folks! - Dick K See ya in 4 yrs! (I don't want to spoil her, ya know...)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple