All reviews pancake machine cinnamon rolls quiet location bagels pool and hot tub horse show fair grounds nice clean hotel would stay here again nice stay nice breakfast new york comfortable beds off the highway minute drive continental breakfast parking lot
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Newer property in a countryside setting just a few minutes off the highway. You'll need to jump in the car and drive a few minutes if you want to eat out somewhere but Daniella's Steakhouse is a good bet just a few min away and there are apparently some takeout pizza places nearby. Ask at the front desk.

Room fine aside from our a/c being noisier than I would've liked. Priced reasonable with fair value.

Pull down on the tub faucet to activate the shower.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay and highlight a number of things. You nailed it, Daniella's is great and just down the road, delivery options are plentiful, and our desk is ready and willing to help! We hope you will considers us again during your next venture through Syracuse.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

The Holiday Inn Express Syracuse/Fair Grounds seems to be a pretty new property and was a great place for our family to stay. It is clean, we got a good deal on a mini-suite for our group of 5 and the breakfast buffet is GREAT! The only thing keeping it from a 5 star is that it is isolated with nothing around within walking distance and any drive is a bit of a trip. The facility is clean and everything in the room was fabulous and the desk people were very helpful and friendly, but you are going to drive for 10+ minutes (and probably more) to get to anywhere to eat or shop. We would stay again on an over-night stop over.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and despite a short trip out to eat/shop, I am sure it was worth the visit.

Dont forgot, easy on/off access to NYS Thruway and I-690 into Syracuse make us an ideal stayover... isolated or "middle of nowhere," but we like to remind everyone that all roads lead to somewhere!

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in the strangest place - we knew the GPS had to be wrong... but once we got there, we were so pleasantly surprised. Very friendly young lady at the desk, clean lobby/dining area, comfortable and clean room, great bed and linens, great shower, very nice breakfast set up. Overall great stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. While we are a bit off the beaten path, we do say "middle of nowhere with roads to somewhere."

Our team strives to create experiences like yours and I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

This hotel is about 40 minutes from Oswego University. I stayed here because it was much cheaper than the Holiday Inn in town. I was dropping my daughter off for Orientation and a summer program. I also had my 2 yr old in tow. My daughter stayed on campus while me and the baby enjoyed the indoor pool and Jacuzzi. The room was modern and clean. Free breakfast was ok. They had the usual muffins, eggs, sausage, juice bagel, ect which is always nice. I drove back to campus with ease the next day. Hung out on the lake and did a little shopping in town before I headed back to NYC. I will probably stay here over the next 4 years when I visit my daughter at school. The Holiday in that is closer to Campus is equally as nice but cost $70 more per night, so it's worth the drive IMO.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your needs. We will gladly host you over the next 4 years while your daughter is at school. Go Lakers!

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Stay overnight as I was passing through on the NY Thruway. Staff was friendly. Place was clean, and new. One of the nicer Holiday Inn Express. Wifi was great, so was breakfast. Would stay there again. No restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and your stay with us.