“Picked at Random”

Ranked #15 of 68 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

I was just exploring the area and came into this busy intersection of restaurants and shops.
Mint is a combination of restaurant/gourmet shop.
I came in and liked the ambiance.
Was promptly seated at a table in the front, in an area with glass windows.
They have more seating toward the back.
I like it in the front.

A glass of Rosé- Cinsault Syrah, Père et Fils, France, 2017. cold, fruity and perfect balance. Excellent!

The Pan Seared Salmon on a bed of Spinach with roasted potatoes, fennel and infused oils was delicious. A perfect blend of flavors in one bite.

Mixed Berries Brûlée dessert was a masterpiece.
Almost a parfait. Raspberry compote at the bottom of a dessert glass, the Brûlée in the middle, and the Blackberries on top with two wafers. A half an Apricot on the side of the serving dish was a fine touch.

Steve, the waiter was attentive and very helpful.

The best was having Cuban music in the background, Compay Segundo and Buena Vista Social Club.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Mint Premium Foods for a weeknight dinner and had the special beef ribs. It was so delicious we came back the next night for the same dish — even though it was not on the menu. Our server the first night told us (because we expressed interest) that if we came back he would make effort to get the chef to make the dish for us even if not on the menu. We did and he did! It was great and we would go back again and again except that we don’t live nearby!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 1, 2018

If you are looking for a bite to eat while in Tarrytown, NY give Mint Premium Foods a try. The food is very good and they offer so great sweets.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch. The food was excellent and so was the service. The place is unusual with plenty to look at. A lot of different foods to purchase.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Revised Review

I had a reservation, I and guest were totally ignored upon arrival. I had to tell them twice I had a reservation.

We were stuck in the back and we had to constantly ask for service- water, desert, check.

Others were seated before us though came in after. Others received food before we did though they arrived after us. Our check was even slow.

When we told staff what happened upon leaving, no appology was offered. Left a very bad feeling about the restaurant. I should have left earlier. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018