“Old time Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I first visited Verdile's in 1959. It was my parents favorite. I remember my Dad really like the Veal & Peppers. We recently visited on a Sunday afternoon, around 4PM. I expected it to be a sad reflection of its once proud past.
To my surprise half of the tables were full, there was much laughter, tinkling glasses, soft music that didn't interfere with conversation. True, the decor was unchanged and the waiter's were wearing Tuxedos; but they were enthusiastic young men and they did a great job. More importantly, the food was much as I remembered it. I had the Veal & Peppers. My spouse had a pasta dish with Alfredo sauce, chicken and shrimp. We were both very pleased, great taste and generous portions for a reasonable price. Try it, you'll like it.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank RobertBlaize

Reviewed August 4, 2017

for a very long time-once a month 2 pizzas to go-8/2/2017 a Wednesday -2 to go mushroom and sausage--I usually crisp up the bottom when I get home-bottom, pure white very undercooked, cheese certainly was not mozzarella,tasted like american with a bit of chedder.sauce notta-e-mail verdiles-no response-never again !!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 17, 2017

We were sitting in the cocktail lounge pre dinner. The woman who was waiting on tables and making drinks was, hands down, the rudest, nastiest person we have EVER encountered in a restaurant. Ever. The bar / lounge area was practically empty, which is telling, as Friday nights at Verdiles were always hopping. Though we were treated with great disrespect, we were not alone. She was rude to everyone in the bar, including the bartender working with her, Mike Verdile Sr and Norma, his wife, were always so gracious. Over the years, Carol, Kate, Rachel...all lovely. This woman currently working is terrible. This is our second bad experience involving her. The first time it happened, we tried to chalk up her attitude by just giving her the benefit of the doubt, that she was having a bad night. Well, that ship has sailed.
We were comped a couple of glasses of wine by the hostess, who was lovely. Our meal was good. But one has several choices when dining out. Being treated rudely isn't part of the deal.
We gave the service a 2, because of this woman. Our dining room server was good. But, as this is the second bad experience with the same person, a 2 it is.

Date of visit: June 2017
Kate M, Owner at Verdile's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

due to numerous coworker and patron complaints , as of 6/17/ 17 said barmaid is no longer employed @ Verdiles ,

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

We ate here before an event at the Troy Music Hall and we wanted Italian food. We have eaten here before a few times over the years and have enjoyed it. This time we shared the house salad (our waiter told us that the salad for one would be enough for both of us, and he was right). I had the lasagna and my wife had the special which was tortellini Alfredo with prosciutto and peas. Both were big servings ( we took home plenty of leftovers). They were both flavorful and served hot. We saved room and shared a piece of carrot cake, which was exceptional. We will be back again soon.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Great food, reasonably priced, with friendly and efficient staff. This restaurant has been in the area for some time and consistently offers a varied
selection of Italian dishes, along with beef entrees. Restaurant is very clean but is in serious need of updating.

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Verdile's Restaurant? Share your experiences!