“Macaroons!”
Review of The Placid Baker

The Placid Baker
Ranked #3 of 10 Bakeries in Troy
Reviewed 15 May 2015

Great bakery in the Capital Region. Convenient store location in Troy, and they participate in the Saturday Farmer's Market. They sell amazing brea, cookies, pretzels, and macaroons!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I don't eat here often but am a regular buyer of baked goods. Finnish rye bread, my most favorite Irish soda bread, and others are fresh and wholesome, made with as much local stuff as possible and no preservatives at all. If you are like me and love very fresh bread, this means you need to enjoy it the day you buy it. I've never found that a problem.

The sweets are wonderfull. I buy chocolate mudslide cookies every week and have mailed them to CA, FL and IN. I always get requests for more. The sandwiches are always interesting and look great. They must be good since the handful of tables are usually full.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

I have bought their goodies both at the farmers market and in their shop. I have found their danish and croissants to be flaky, flavorful and just about perfect. Also, their macaroons are delicious. I've only tried their plain and chocolate dipped chewy versions. But I've read that their french macaroons are also terrific, but the chewy kind are our preferred ones, so that's all I can speak to. On a few occasions we've also tried their sandwiches, and they, too are very good. And lastly, I've had their challah for french toast and that is great. For that matter, all their breads are great. Overall all, Placid Baker is a top spot to check out and enjoy.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

So happy these people opened up in our city before the current renaissance got underway. The bread is great. The croissants are way better than any I had when I hung out in France. The lunch sandwiches are excellent. The desserts never fail to please: I love the hermit bars - simple, inexpensive and wonderful. They have interesting soups though often a little sweet for my taste, I love what they put them, sugar aside!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great pastries and good coffee, all made right on site. They also have a decent sandwich selection. The only downside is that the hours are for working people. If you need to come after lunch time, you are out of luck.

Been to The Placid Baker? Share your experiences!