“There's the lox!!!”
Review of Psychedelicatessen

Psychedelicatessen
Ranked #4 of 10 Bakeries in Troy
Description: From scratch, hand rolled bagels made fresh throughout the day! Full line of coffees, tea, and espresso drinks, made to order egg and deli sandwiches, salads, wraps and more! We proudly support our local farmers and businesses - over 75% of our ingredients are sourced within 200 miles, year round! Using as many minimally processed, natural, and organic ingredients as possible, we make almost everything on our menu in house, including traditional salted lox, local grass-fed roast beef, cream cheeses, and so much more!
Reviewed May 14, 2015 via mobile

The house cured lox is outstanding. And when I order sandwiches here, there is always an abundance of it. To the point where it falls out of the sandwiches when I eat them. I frequently get the lox egg and onion to have for breakfast and grab a foxy loxy to have later for lunch. Both sandwiches are excellent. The bagels are right on too. Hand made, hand rolled. Another staple for me is the salt bagel with cucumber dill spread. Sooooo good with a black coffee and the morning paper! Not sure why the reviews about lack of fillings in the sandwiches. Every one I have ever ordered is nearly overstuffed! Best part about this whole experience is it's all natural, nothing artificial. As a matter of fact, she recently stopped using one of her cheeses because it had artificial flavoring in it. Shame too. It was one of my faves. (Second to the Habanero cheddar - YUMMY!) Nearly all the ingredients are sourced locally, and there's something to be said about supporting local business. There has been days when staff is a bit brusque, but realizing how hard they work to provide quality and abundant product? They get passes from me. Bottom line? You can't miss here no matter what you order.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

I visited this restaurant after others had suggested they offered an eclectic menu and quality product. I left wildly unimpressed. They appeared to be out of many flavors that were listed, which limited my choice of bagel. I settled on asiago as a compliment to the roast beef sandwich I ordered. The bagels are quite small, making the sandwich equally lean (there was about 1 and 1/2 slices of roast beef on the sandwich).

For the $8+ I spent on lunch, I expected more. The bagel itself was mediocre at best, slow service left a lot to be desired and the staff member who assisted me was less than welcoming and seemed annoyed by my patronage, a stark divergence from the warm, friendly employees at most other downtown eateries. If you're looking for a hospitable experience, I'd suggest another mom and pop shop in Troy.

1  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed April 20, 2015

The food is overpriced, the service is incredibly slow, and the owner is off-putting...a childish Kelly Cutrone wannabe. She publicly berates her customers and employees. I won't be frequenting this establishment on principle; I refuse to support such a classless human being. You need some common sense to run a business.

6  Thank Becky G
Reviewed March 10, 2015

The bagels were delicious and we would recommend the Battenkill Crack- a unique drink made with amazing battenkill chocolate milk and lots of caffeine!

Reviewed February 22, 2015 via mobile

I do prefer Brueggers bagels but these bagels come close. Add in quirky flavors, local sourcing of ingredients, excellent coffee...and it's a great place. Perfect spot for breakfast before the Troy Farmers Market on Sat.

Been to Psychedelicatessen? Share your experiences!