“Great bagels and cream cheeses”
Review of Psychedelicatessen

Psychedelicatessen
Ranked #4 of 10 Bakeries in Troy
Description: From scratch, hand rolled bagels made fresh throughout the day! Full line of coffees, tea, and espresso drinks, made to order egg and deli sandwiches, salads, wraps and more! We proudly support our local farmers and businesses - over 75% of our ingredients are sourced within 200 miles, year round! Using as many minimally processed, natural, and organic ingredients as possible, we make almost everything on our menu in house, including traditional salted lox, local grass-fed roast beef, cream cheeses, and so much more!
Reviewed October 30, 2017

The food is great. Their ability to handle a line of customers is sorely in need of help. On a busy day, you could easily wait 15 minutes in line just to get a dozen bagels to go.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

Nothing like a NY bagel especially a fresh everything bagel with lox in NY. The place had a line out the door because it was Saturday and the Farmers Market. Not a surprise at all that people would wait, because it was worth the wait. The owner is "green friendly" and has a respect for using local. All around a good choice in Troy.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Went with a friend to grab a light meal after work one night. The place has a fun vibe to it (see pic of the table we sat at). The menu was really healthy (bonus points!), while offering a good variety of items to select from. Lots of wraps and simple foods that you can either enjoy in the restaurant or take on the run.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I have visited this deli now three times, and only once did I have an acceptable (I won't say good) experience. The first time I waited over 20 minutes for a bagel with cream cheese. I finally saw a bag sitting on the prep counter next to a server making another order and asked the server if my order was ready. She looked up from the bagel she was working on and said nastily, "THIS isn't your order." Another server heard and walked up from behind her, picked up the bag, and handed it to me. The second time they still took forever to make a simple chai tea, but at least they weren't rude. The third time (today), I ordered an iced chai tea. What I received was a cup full of icy water with some milk and a hint of spice. I took it back (after waiting in a 10 minute line AGAIN) and they made another, although the girl actually made me stand there while they rung it up again, saying they wouldn't charge me but that it had to be entered in the order system. Then they did not call me when it was ready (despite taking my name to do so). I saw it on the counter and tasted it. Same problem. So I spoke directly to a server over the counter and said it was still mostly water. He said, "Well, that's just how we make them." !!!! I said, "you make them watery?"Another server chimed in, "We brew our own chai infusion on site. So that's just how we make it." I said, "So you make the infusion weak and then add a ton of water and ice?" And he repeated again, "That's just how we make them." That was it. I asked for a refund. There was absolutely no attempt to correct the situation at all, or to apologize (and I was very friendly the first time I asked them to fix it). Then the girl at the register had to ask for help with doing the refund (I only mention this because they seemed to have someone new and inexperienced at the register EVERY time I went there, which is why ordering took forever). Never going back. It's a shame, because the place is full of character and they have a ton of great bagel and spread flavors. But the staff are both pokey and rude, and neither is acceptable.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

I live the vibe here! The decor is colorful and friendly, they have a section just for relaxing and hanging out while you enjoy the awesome food! I got the All American on an Asiago bagel and it was pretty damn good. A simple, but very filling sandwich. My husband got the lox spread on a real New York egg bagel and was happy as a clam. It's a nice place for any time of day and I will be adding this place to my late night food adventures! I often find myself hungry and searching for a place to get something quick at night, this place offers a better option than greasy fried food, so I'm sold! They are open 6am-9pm.

Been to Psychedelicatessen? Share your experiences!