Lowest prices for your stay
US$137
SAVE US$16
PricelineUS$137
Hotels.comUS$137
Trip.comUS$143
All reviews front desk the breakfast area yogurt late at night beds were comfortable parking lot keurig chain
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2020

When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly attendant who was wearing a mask. Unfortunately, mask wearing was not enforced or followed in public spaces, other than by the employees.

Understandably, the pool and fitness room were closed, but we were able to order a bagged take-out breakfast for the morning, which I appreciated.

Disappointingly, our room did not have hand sanitizer or even hand soap available. We needed to use shampoo to wash our hands in our own bathroom. I brought this to the attention of the overworked person at the front desk, but we did not receive any for our room during our stay.

The beds were comfortable and it was clean, but I would have appreciated enforcement of all guests wearing masks in small, public spaces and soap in our room to wash our hands.

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank R6990PAelizabethd
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2020

Hi R6990PAelizabethd,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments about guests not wearing masks during your stay as well as the unavailability of hand sanitizers or hand soap in your room. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I would also like to follow up with on your concerns that is why I sent you a private message. I hope you get the time to read it and respond.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 1, 2020

Easy check in, clean rooms. The bed was comfortable, however I slept horribly because there was massive noise from the pipes. I could also hear every everyone walking around late at night. If you can, pick a room on the top floor on the corner if you want to sleep. The breakfast is the standard offerings for this chain.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2019

The staff were exceptional from arrival to departure, assisting us with early check in, helping with room selection, providing advice about nearby restaurants, and helping in other ways. Rooms were spacious, clean and well-designed. Mattresses were plump and comfy, the bathroom was sparkling with generous vanity space. Fridge and Keurig coffeemaker were very handy. Free wifi worked well and complimentary breakfast was good - a reasonable mix of hot and cold items. There are two restaurants just a few steps from the hotel, which is a real plus. The location itself is somewhat industrial/nondescript, but the area feels safe and noise was not a problem. Ask for a room on the top floor with a "harbor view." It's not really a harbor, but rather a small inlet - still it's more pleasant than looking over the parking lot or roadways. Prices were not cheap, but were competitive with similar mid-range chains in the Utica area, and the proximity to restaurants was a key selling point. A good choice for Utica with good value.

Room tip: Request the top floor away from highway, with "water view"
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca1921
Reviewed October 24, 2019 via mobile

I loved this hotel...until 6am! At 6am all the doors on my hallway slammed as early workers rushed for breakfast. But really, the one thing that really bothered me was that the smell of breakfast filled my first floor room as the slamming woke me. It was kind of gross.
I will definitely stay here again...nice staff, good parking, walk to a couple restaurants, but I will stay on an upper floor.
By the way, I did report the smell issue to the desk person but while she was nice, I don’t think she cared to note it.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Our room had a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. The staff are friendly. The breakfast is one of the best we have encountered. There were pre-made omelets - ok not like a restaurant but hot and tasty. They had both a cheese omelet and a veggie omelet. There was sausage and could make your own pancakes. There was fruit, yogurt, muffins, cereals, toast, bagels and yummy, warm cinnamon rolls. For the coffee they had flavored coffee creamers - including my favorite - Pumpkin Spice !! The staff kept the breakfast replenished. This was our stopover location on a trip from Ohio to Massachusetts- we were too tired to use it it but they have a pool and fitness center. We will definitely use this hotel again when in the vicinity.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2019

Dear dhusted,

Thank you for providing us with such wonderful feedback. We are pleased that you were happy with all of our breakfast choices and that you enjoyed your room. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.