“Impressed!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Aurora, IN
“Impressed!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before visiting this location, so we weren't sure what to expect. The hotel is in a tired-looking part of town and partially hidden behind a Denny's restaurant, but those are the only negative aspects of this property. Our check-in was quick and easy. The front desk clerk Katherine was extremely helpful offering to help with our luggage and printing off directions for local restaurants and attractions. She offered us each a bottle of water and informed us of all the hotel amenities.
Our room and bathroom were very clean. The dining area was well-equipped and clean. Fresh cookies and coffee were available throughout the day. Snacks and desserts were provided around dinnertime. The complimentary breakfast was very good and offered many options. To-go breakfasts were provided for travelers on the go.
The little extras at this hotel make a huge difference. Not only do they offer the snacks and desserts, but they have a huge variety of movies available to check-out for no fee. They even give you a bag of popcorn to enjoy with your film. They are happy to print traveling directions for free, but a well-equipped business center is also available. We were able to plan out the rest of our trip in a short amount of time and print the information (printing is free!). The pool looked very nice although we didn't use it.
We were very impressed with this location. We had considered a nearby hotel that offered sleep number beds but settled on this one due to the lower price and free parking. It was a good choice, and we will definitely try other Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank glorydays
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Glorydays,
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! I'm very happy to hear Katherine made a positive impact on your stay and made you feel welcome. I will definitely pass along the thanks to our whole staff. I'm glad we were able to give you a good first impression of Hampton Inns, and I hope we'll be able to have you hear again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here while visiting colleges in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free movies, complimentary breakfast (with more options than I expected), evening snacks and a nice room made this stay very pleasant and a great value. My only complaint is that the walls seemed to be a little on the thin side. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to plan accordingly. I would definitely stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank P R
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear P R,
Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review! I'm happy to hear you were able to take advantage of all our amenities, and of course our most important goal is providing the best customer service possible. If you're ever in the area because of the colleges again, please let us know when you make a reservation that you're a light sleeper and we'll try to get you a corner room, or at least the top floor.
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I like this hotel! We stay here on the way to my mother's house in Canada. What's to like? Free movies, complimentary breakfast, indoor pool, good fitness room, snacks in the evening. Lots to enjoy. I didn't like the outdoors, too much litter. Other hotels care about picking up trash.

Room Tip: I have no tips?
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear KatieEllenKaplan,
I want to thank you for your great review! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of all our "little extras." We do take pride in keeping our hotel spotless, so since a lot of the ice will be melting soon I will make sure we do some extreme spring cleaning to the surrounding area.
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Rooms are kind of tired. Stayed here twice recently, once was upgraded to a room with a whirlpool tub but I didn't use it. Bathroom was not the cleanest I've seen... In fact, probably the least clean hotel bathroom I've had in the last 12 months, and I stay in 30-40 rooms per year. But it wasn't terrible. Staff did remove an inch or so of snow from my windshield, which was very nice. This room is way overpriced for what it is though.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Sonogirl,
We do appreciate your feedback, as we're always trying to see where we need to improve. We take pride in trying to have every area of our rooms spotless, so I apologize if we failed to do so with your room. Feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to try to make it up to you if you're in the area again.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Our son goes to Colgate University in nearby Hamilton NY. We have stayed at this Hampton inn multiple times and have had an enjoyable experience. Convenient location and very clean.

• Stayed August 2011
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Salf,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed staying with us enough to come back multiple times. I hope we'll see you again a few more times before your son graduates.
Slingerlands, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for a sports competition. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. There were snacks in the evening and a nice breakfast in the morning. Coffee, hot chocolate, and a nice selection of tea were available in the lobby. Restaurants were nearby. The indoor pool was a hit with my daughter and her friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shari R
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Shari,
I'm so happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We're always happy to have teams stay with us, and I'm glad to hear you were all able to take advantages of our many amenities. Hopefully we'll hear from your team again next year!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I am unlucky enought to have to travel to Utica to visit my inlaws. The Hampton Inn is hands down the best hotel in this area. It is a newer hotel constructed 3 years ago. The rooms were clean and the beds were soft. The shower had great water presure. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Also they had snacks at night and breakfast in the morning. This hotel has earned my business in my future travels to Utica.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jason f
Lee A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Thanks for your review Jason!

I'm so glad to hear you were happy with your stay here, and that your kids enjoyed it too. We're always trying to think of ways to make our guests feel at home, so I'm happy to hear you're planning to come back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
0.4 km away
Hotel Utica
#8 of 13 in Utica
9.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!