“Everything came up 7's!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona
The Lodge at Turning Stone
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Welland, Canada
“Everything came up 7's!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

A recent couple of days spent at the Lodge were incredible. Great SPA, Terrific food and the rooms at the Lodge were amazing. And as a bonus, I even won a few dollars at the Tables.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sailorchic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Everywhere, US
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I've been going to Turningstone Casino for almost 15 years and overall it wasn't anything to brag about. The rooms, service, and food was very good, but for the money it was not worth it. I've been to Las Vegas, Montreal, Atlantic City, Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun, Seneca Niagara, Fallsview Casino, Casino Niagara, and multiple casinos in Arizona as well, and compared to lodging at other casinos for the same price, it was not worth the money or the hassle. Originally I wanted a smoking room and when arriving at the room it smelled worse than any other smoking room I've ever been in. Furthermore when we got out of the smoking room and finally into a balcony room we were told that we could not smoke on the balcony for the room we just paid $449.99. Then when we checked out a few days later we were charged a smoking fee of $200+ because one of the maids smelled cigarette smoke. Funny thing we weren't smoking cigarettes, but supposedly it smelled in the hallway. I argued the smoking charge and after a 15minute battle of he said/she with the manager she decided to take off the smoking charge. The Lodge manager, I don't remember her name, was very professional and polite. She was firm, but fair. Overall due to the smoking room smell, rules, distance from casino, price, and hassle, I will not be staying at the Lodge again. I have now stayed at the Lodge on two separate occasions and will not stay there again. The Tower's rooms are not as luxurious but comparing pros vs cons the Tower is a better way to go. They are at least half the price, closer to EVERYTHING, and have many of the same amenities as the Lodge does. The Lodge is by far the best hotel in and around the Turningstone Casino area. But stacked up next to a similar room for similar money it holds no weight. I really enjoy going to Turningstone and visit at least a few times a month. In fact I just was there last night. Go to Turningstone, don't stay at the Lodge.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room facing the golf course. Very quiet and romantic. Don't smoke on the balconi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Peter C
Berwick, PA
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I just spent Saturday night at the Lodge in one of their suites. It was the nicest place we've stayed yet and we've been to a lot! My husband got the romance package for me for my birthday which included: Dinner at Wildflowers, dozen roses, chocolates, rose petals at turn-down, and breakfast (in bed as we opted). Everything was just perfect and so worth the price.

We checked in a little before 3pm on Saturday. We were greeted at our vehicle and then we walked inside. There were 2 rooms ahead of us checking in but we were waited on in about 2 minutes. The foyer was beautiful and spotless! We were checked in and told where everything was and if we needed anything at anytime to call the front desk. From the checkin desk we were walked to the elevator and stayed in room 317 (which is my birthday!).

We got into our room and checked everything out which was all very clean and just wonderful! My dozen red roses were sitting on the table right inside the door with our box of chocolates next to it.

We unpacked and relaxed until our dinner reservations at Wildflowers. I will write another review for that alone but it was superb!

Every employee we passed during our stay greeted us with a smile and a hello. Everyone was pleasant and ready to help in any way.

We enjoyed the casino for the rest of the night and then came back to our room about 11:30 and walked into soft music playing and the rose petals all over the bed and floor. It was beautiful and smelled beautiful. We woke in the morning and had our breakfast delivered at 9am promptly. They offered to serve us the meals but we declined to do it ourselves. We reluctantly checked out about 10am although we had the room until 1pm, also part of the romance package!

We can't wait to come back for a longer stay sometime!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tip03
Rochester, New York, USA
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Sparkling clean, unique, a delight. Away from the casino...in it's own building. Serene, luxurious, staff highly professional.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Kathleen L
Troy, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This a perfect getaway and a perfect way to spend a weekend or a week in an
extremely relaxed and romantic atmosphere with your spouse. The Valet will take your car when you pull up and they will take care of your luggage and even open the doors for you and, everyone involved has an extremely relaxed and friendly attitude. The rooms with a fireplace between the bedroom and living room are 1st class, extremely clean with large bathrooms with walk in marble showers, King size very comfortable beds, two flat screen tv's, slipers, bathrobes and nice anemities. They even send in a two person crew in the evening to turn down your bed, lay out comfortable bathrobes and slippers, clean your bathroom and put on some soft music. Swim in a large indoor swiming pool or work out in there well equipt work out room. Golf, walking paths are all there and if you are hungry visit the wildflowers restaurant and enjoy a very reasonably priced
gourmet breakfast, lunch or dinner that you will not forget. Then walk a short distance indoors and enjoy a few hours in their large Casino. For the price you will not find a nicer place in the northeast. My spouse and I are headed there for our second trip and look forward to many more. Enjoy

Room Tip: Corner suites are large with wrap around balcanys.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry48739
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Excellent accommodations, staff, amenities. Spa at the Lodge was world class .

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days but didn't want to drive very far and it was too late to buy plane tickets. This was a 3-hour drive from where we live. It was worth every penny we spent there. Beautiful suites, pool, hottub, work-out room. Many restaurants on resort made it easy to eat different types of food every meal. We did gamble a little each day, and ended up on the winning side. Bonus!

I had read other reviews before going - some mentioned staff not being helpful/friendly. We saw the opposite -- every person on staff was more than helpful and extremely friendly. From the person that valleted our car to the person serving us drinks at the sports bar and everyone in between - they were excellent.

The only bad thing I have to say is I didn't like the scent of the conditioner supplied. I know that is a small/insignificant thing, but I really didn't like it. The bathroom was awesome though, along with the rest of the room.

We are already talking about returning in the summer for a golf trip.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor and loved it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WishIC0uldTravelM0re
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
0.9 km away
21.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
17.5 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Rome

Been to The Lodge at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!