All reviews waffles room was clean front desk great comfort staff was exceptionally nice explained the situation hit the spot close proximity free internet my son downtown binghamton night's sleep family weekend sofa bed complimentary breakfast vestal parkway lobby
Reviewed March 5, 2018

It's unfortunate I can't eave a better review for this hotel, but they need some serious training in the hospitality field.
THE GOOD:
- The beds are incredibly comfortable, the room was immaculate and the housekeeping dept. should all be commended. All the common areas were also clean, well maintained and great.
THE BAD:
- The lady checking us in was inexperienced and lacked training. Not her fault, you could tell she was new, but over 15 minutes trying to check in before calling management for help was a bit much for these tired travellers. Again, not her fault, she lacked training and was pleasant.
THE UGLY:
- We showed up for breakfast about 10 minutes before it ended and were told "Sorry, the breakfast room is closed". My 7 year old was visibly upset, he had been patiently waiting all morning for his waffles. Staff couldn't have been bothered. What made this a bit incredible was the fact that staff could be seen sitting down and helping themselves to breakfast for the following 15-20 minutes. Not a great experience and certainly not very hospitality-minded. Just awful.
Will not be returning here. There are MANY competing hotels in the area. I'll spend my $$$ where its' appreciated.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We were very happy with our stay here. There were 2 mix ups with our stay that the staff at the hotel corrected without a problem. First we booked through hotels.com and got a confirmation from them but when I called the hotel a couple of days later they never received it but found us a room at a lower rate than before. Then on our way up the hotel called me to say they over booked and got us a room at another hotel. We had been driving for over three hours and still had an hour to go before we reached the hotel. Unfortunately the other hotel could not accommodate 5 people in one room. When I called Comfort Suites back and explained the situation to them they found a room for us there. The room was great. I’m he staff was pleasant and the hot breakfast was great in the morning. Next time I’m in the area I will be staying there and calling them direct not using Hotels.com.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Dear Soddoeht;
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. We are happy things worked out and look forward to an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2017

We stayed here during Binghamton University's Family weekend 9/15-9/17/17, and it was just an okay stay. The room was pretty up-to-date and pleasant enough. However, we had very cool showers and can't believe they did not have enough hot water for their guests. When we returned back to our room late in the afternoon the first day of our stay, the door was left ajar and unattended. Our room did not get cleaned, and we were just handed a pile of clean towels is all. WiFi was terrible at this hotel. The front staff was not the friendliest checking in our out, however, the breakfast room attendant was very attentative and nice. Breakfast was the typical breakfast included in most hotels and hit the spot. We wished it was a better experience as we will be spending a lot of time in Binghamton for the next four years!

Date of stay: September 2017
Management response:Responded October 5, 2017

Dear Lynn D

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I checked in after several days of tourist activities, just looking for a place to rest. This hotel meet that requirement. Our room was clean and cozy. The layout accommodated both an early riser and a late riser, having both a bedroom and separate sitting room. The dining facility was clean and the food was satisfying. The staff was exceptionally nice. Gionnie, Quanisha, and Amanda, who worked in the dining area, seemed to take pride in their job and have a genuine appreciation for their customers. If we are ever in the area again, this would be a hotel we return to.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 18, 2017

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

My daughter and I recently spent two nights here. We arrived on a very hot afternoon and I was extremely pleased that the air-conditioning was already on as we entered the room. This property is located in a commercial area; numerous restaurants and stores are in close proximity. Our room was spacious; the beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was well-stocked with numerous hot and cold selections. All employees we encountered were very pleasant. If I ever happen to be in the area, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank TripmomLedgewood_NJ
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Dear TripmomLedgewood_NJ,
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites for your mother daughter trip. Your kind remarks regarding the property and staff is very rewarding and ensures us that the service provided is to the highest quality.
We look forward to an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Sincerely