All reviews waffles great comfort front desk breakfast room nice stay indoor pool super nice explained the situation hit the spot breakfast was included other guests hotel is located close proximity comfortable beds free internet staff was very friendly night's sleep
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Rooms old and need renovation. Wasn’t sure beds had been changed since last guests. Bathroom floor tiles cracked .....gross. Not enough handicapped parking in front so I was forced to park in the back where lighting was poor and I almost fell. I asked if it was possible to park in front just overnight and the manager said no. He’s luck y I didn’t fall in the dark. Don’t stay here it’s gross and they don’t know what customer service is. If I could give it a negative number it would be -100

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ComfortSuites, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Good Morning Helen Handicap Parking is located in Back and next to elevator and our front desk agent also ask to help you but you want to park your car in front of porch and due to other guest inconvenience we asked to park at right spot.
and we know since you checked in and you got a first floor room and you keep complain about that because you hate to stay at first floor, but unfortunately we sold out so we can not fulfill your request, if you mentioned it while reserved we make sure that we allocate the room as per your choice.
Sorry for any inconvenience happen to you while your stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience overall. When we arrived on a Saturday night there was only one desk clerk with no manager available, she even tried to call but no response. The desk clerk said that the manager would adjust my bill in the morning since there was a mistake in the room fee from what was agreed to online. In the morning the manager refused to refund me the $30 overcharge and was quite rude about it. In a very unprofessional move he finally agreed to refund me but said he would take it from the desk clerks pay. I told him that under no circumstances did I want the refund to come from her so I declined. Beside that the room looked like it was not vacuumed and breakfast was under supplied for the volume of guests. In retrospect I should have gone to another hotel, the management of this particular hotel was just terrible.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2018

I typically wait until a couple of days after I've checked out to write a review, but felt I needed to get this off my chest NOW. Overall the hotel is a good one and the rate was decent (discount for 4 night stay). The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The free internet was fine for email and websites, but not so good for streaming videos. The room wasn't as quiet as I would like, but not too bad. Could hear the traffic going by on the Vestal Parkway (I think that's the name of that road) and could also hear the TV from an adjoining room...it was muffled and I wasn't sure which room but it must have been on 24/7. None of this kept me from getting a decent night's sleep, however it would be helpful if the HVAC had a constant fan feature to provide some white noise to mask the other noises. Now to the title of this review: the breakfast room was a zoo. Never have I been around so many bratty children and parents/grandparents who did nothing to make them behave. Crying, yelling, running around the breakfast room, lobby and hallways, taking multiple tables (1 child at each table). Parents/grandparents weren't much better than the children. Some of the parents came to the breakfast room in their bare feet...I'm pretty sure the health department would frown on that. Another couple, older and weight challenged obviously had no regard for other guests. This morning I noticed that in addition to their waffles, eggs, etc. they had a plate full of sausage links. There must have been 20 pieces of sausage, possibly more. The staff did not do anything about this behavior although they seemed to be biting their lips, possibly company policy does not let them. Hopefully it wasn't because they didn't care. I typically find my time in the breakfast room of any hotel (about 50 nights a year) a time to relax, have some coffee, a bite to eat and read the paper before starting my day...it was impossible to do so here. I'm not sure if these people were paying guests or guests of the county, but they should be reminded that there are other guests.

Room Tip: back side of hotel is probably quieter as far as road noise is concerned
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

I had originally booked with them through Expedia. I chose a little bit more expensive option because it said in the heading there was no cancellation fee. My son is a senior in high school and we were going up to Binghampton for a basketball championship. Their game was at 3pm Friday and if they didn't win, were heading home that night, if they did win there would be another game the next night. After the game was over as I was consoling my son due to their loss, my sister went to the hotel and cancelled the reservation. I had 2 rooms for the family and noticed I was charged $117 cancellation fee for each room. I called to see if they would wave the fee as that is why I booked there, to avoid cancellation fee if we lost and headed home. They said it wasn't a "cancellation" fee, it was a "penalty" for cancelling after 4pm. I obviously wouldn't have booked there then because the game wasn't over till almost 5. I asked for at least one fee waved and they wouldnt. All the other families staying elsewhere had no problems getting their money refunded. I called back later and they were fully booked so it's not as if they lost money on the rooms due to our cancellation. I'm a single mom and this was just a devastating experience to me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Tara, we checked your reservation, you reserved prepaid and no cancellation rate package which is lower then regular price and rate. so it is not any penalty on you reservation. because of your rate plan it is not able to cancel and refund. if you reserved with regular rate and with cancelation policy we allow guest to cancel their reservation on same day before 4PM.
Sorry for any inconvenience happen to you because of rate plan selection.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

It's unfortunate I can't eave a better review for this hotel, but they need some serious training in the hospitality field.
THE GOOD:
- The beds are incredibly comfortable, the room was immaculate and the housekeeping dept. should all be commended. All the common areas were also clean, well maintained and great.
THE BAD:
- The lady checking us in was inexperienced and lacked training. Not her fault, you could tell she was new, but over 15 minutes trying to check in before calling management for help was a bit much for these tired travellers. Again, not her fault, she lacked training and was pleasant.
THE UGLY:
- We showed up for breakfast about 10 minutes before it ended and were told "Sorry, the breakfast room is closed". My 7 year old was visibly upset, he had been patiently waiting all morning for his waffles. Staff couldn't have been bothered. What made this a bit incredible was the fact that staff could be seen sitting down and helping themselves to breakfast for the following 15-20 minutes. Not a great experience and certainly not very hospitality-minded. Just awful.
Will not be returning here. There are MANY competing hotels in the area. I'll spend my $$$ where its' appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family