“Great breakfast”

Pete's Legacy Diner
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Vestal
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

After a short wait to get a table, this place was worth it. Plenty of options and service is fast and friendly. Food arrives quick and portions are nice. Check it out.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Delicious food, great service. Love the chicken souvlaki! Also, the macaroni and cheese is exceptional. Baked goods are amazing.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

This was our second time here. We really enjoyed lunch the first time and this time we thought we would try breakfast. We both got eggs, home fries and a I got a bagel, hubby got toast. I decided to try their homemade corned beef hash. I absolutely love corned beef hash and I have eaten it homemade and from the can, several times. It was presented to me on a side plate and it was brown. I thought maybe it was roast beef hash and i read the menu wrong. Well I tried a bite and I thought it was bad. I picked through the serving and it was the consistency of bread stuffing, mushy and it was almost impossible to find a piece of corned beef. I finally found a shred of meat and I believe it was canned corn beef added to old bread. It was awful. It took it a while to find someone who would acknowledge me so I could return it, I wanted it off the table. The waitress took it and asked me if I ever had homemade corned beef has and informed me that several customers loved it, it was not bad, she could see I only tasted it and gave me credit on the bill. She was polite and quick to reverse the charge.

1  Thank Norma P
Reviewed March 5, 2018

This is a very good diner, with speedy service and really good diner food. They are open only for breakfast or lunch. They have a good menu selection and their baked goods are also excellent.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Pete's Legacy is a diner in an easy-to-miss corner of Vestal. Despite of its location, it is flocked with locals. Ordered chipped beef with toasts and homefries and it came in five minutes. Portion is pretty large and taste is excellent. Price is very cheap. Will definitely visit again.