All reviews full kitchen living room bi level loft upstairs loft bit hard to find vestal parkway vanity area waffles niagara falls breakfast area convenient location above average parking lot family weekend complimentary breakfast fireplace binghamton
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

A lot of reviews complaining about the dated look came before renovations - the pictures are out of date and I’m kicking myself for not taking any. It’s lovely now! The kitchen comes equipped with basically everything you need.

This being said, the pool is a little small and was full of children, and the breakfast was a little lackluster.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at other residence inn marriots but nothing like this hotel breakfast was disgusting coffee with grounds people not knowing how to speak english i asked the breakfast attendant 4 times for milk she didnt understand me and to top that off i am a platinum member and to be mistreated like a bum by your assistant manager Deb i am calling head quarters the rooms smelled like dog pee the pillow cases had yellow spots on it and to pay 129 per night i expected more out of this will never stay here again very disgusted great job in showing how managment treat their platinum guest could be alittle nicer and better attitude

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Karimadh1984
Carlos G, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Karimadh1984,

Thank you for taking the time to survey the hotel. I'm concerned with the issues you've brought up and I would like to apologize. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to speak with you directly. Please feel free to call me at the hotel 607-770-8500 or email me Binghamtongm@ih-corp.com. Again, I'm truly sorry about the level of service you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We stayed here overnight in a Bi-level Loft, and it couldn't have been better. Everything was clean, it was quiet, and extremely comfortable on all counts. The upstairs loft had a double bed, a desk, and a bathroom, and the downstairs area had a bedroom with a double bed, bathroom, and desk, with doors that separated it from the living room area containing a sofa and chair, plus, off to the side a full kitchen, complete with large refrigerator, stove/oven, coffee maker (not Keurig, unfortunately at least for me), microwave, sink, dishwasher, and dishes/utensils. I cannot think of any way this could have been better, and I know for certain we shall stay here again on our annual summer visit to see friends in Binghamton.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Binghamton University. It’s pretty close to campus, just down the road on Vestal Parkway.

Very friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast was pretty good. Room was pretty clean.

Our room was a bit noisy. The hvac unit was load when it turned on, as was the refrigerator. I slept on the pullout couch. And even with the heat turned up, I was cold all night. I realized what it was in the morning...the front door was not sealed well. I could see sunlight coming in through under the door and along the bottom left edge. And when I put my hand there, I could then feel the draft.

I would probably stay here again. I think these were just an isolated thing. I doubt all the units would be like this.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gcvsd-cy
Carlos G, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear gcvsd-cy,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. I apologize for the noise issues and more importantly the comfort level of the room temperature. Our hotel was recently renovated, including the exterior doors. After the renovation we've been noticing a draft coming through the bottom of some of the doors. We are working as quickly as possible to get this issue resolved. Thanks again for your review of our property. We hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

The first night at the Residence Inn was going very well, the room was it was spacious and comfortable, but this was quickly ruined. Not even an hour had passed when I saw the first bug. Now one bug in a hotel is not usually a huge deal, sure it is gross and instantly made me not want to come back, but it was small and easily dealt with. Shortly after this first encounter, however, a huge silverfish crawled out from under my pillow! To my horror a bug had just crawled out from where my head was just minutes earlier, and I saw multiple other bugs on the bed as well. I quickly left the room and called the front desk who gave me a new room (very quickly i might add on their part), but I will most certainly be sleeping in my car in the parking lot tonight. Entire trip ruined due to this experience.

In short, if you can get past the thought of bugs crawling on you, you may enjoy your time at the Residence Inn which is otherwise lovely with a very kind staff.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlos G, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Dear ARN1703,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire Residence Inn Binghamton team. Making sure you have a clean, comfortable room is always the highest priority for us. Unfortunately, we have failed you and for that I am truly sorry. Since all of our rooms have been renovated as recently as 2 weeks ago I am very concerned with the issue that you have addressed. If possible, I'd like to discuss this further with you and see how we can make this right. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 607-770-8500. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I hope you have a great day!