“Save your money and eat elsewhere”

G's Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #43 of 63 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food was not the best, beer battered cod was actually breadcrumbed fish and maybe not cod. Fries were hard and NOT french fries. Coffee was weak and nearly tasteless. We asked for our check to be separate from our friends but it didn’t happen as the waitress told me it was more convenient for the kitchen to process the order together. Er, I thought things had to be convenient for your paying customers not the kitchen staff who exist to service the customer. I actually told the owner / manager this. She seemed disinterested.
We were also expected to go and get our own napkins and cutlery despite the fact that our server was putting these on empty tables but not on the tables she was actually serving !
Overall I would not visit again and would actively tell others who I know are visiting the area to avoid. One of the few times I have not left a tip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant was wonderful no matter what time of day you visited. Not so anymore. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This place is all about serving up the kind of food that comes in from the big food distributor in a truck. Used to be good under previous ownership. Diner style if you like that. Hope it goes out soon so some real food people can take it over.

1  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Entered at 11:46 am, had just looked at my cell. The owner (female) said do you want breakfast or lunch menus, we said maybe both. We came in specifically for breakfast.

After giving our order, yes, breakfast and sitting a few minutes drinking coffee, the waitress comes out and says I'm sorry, but we don't serve homefries after 12...after 12??? Our order was given before noon. We have had breakfast here many times, so asked since when? She said it was a new policy. Ok, not happy, but dealing with it, because for us, breakfast out is also about the homefreis. Breakfast is being served, a very small plate of homefreis come out, she said you got the last order, great! It wasn't a full order, but, Ok. We then ask, you didn't forget the cornbeef hash? Waitress is a shy voice, says I'm sorry they won't make them either. Seriously! We are told this after. With that this is not sitting well, when someone has their mind set on what they wanted and ordered for breakfast to be told after the fact, not good.
So we said something to the owner, why would you offer us breakfast menus if you have restrictions on what you serve and don't serve without telling the customer? Well, very poor response, none! I said let's just finish and we don't need to co.e back here. That did not go over well, but, that's what we did. A table of 4 comes in, they sit behind us, ordered breakfast. They get served their food, and the 1st comment was, where are the homefries...sorry we don't serve them after 12. What poor customer service. The owner has NO personality, never says thank you for coming, it's just ashame and shame on them. We're you just out of homefreis? If that was the case, honesty works better and is more acceptable.
Ignorance, very bad, not to even acknowledge it.
Now, I know this is just over homefries and hash, but it was obvious we were not the only ones. I started giving this place a better review from the past, but, because of poor people communication, wearing a frown the whole time, like you don't want to be there, maybe you don't, that has never changed. Let people know when they walk through the door when YOU offer breakfast menus with your "new " policy.
Not wait until the order goes in.
Again, we ordered before 12 noon, and when our waitress came out to tell us, we already had coffee and it was 12:06.
Seriously! It's obvious you ran out, and that would have been ok. You need lessons in customer service.

1  Thank ChantillyLace28
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We often drop in for breakfast or lunch at this easy and popular spot. Always seeing friends and can count on great service and meals "just the way we like them"!! They endulge their patrons with special requests and make the restuarant feel like your kitchen!