2,362 results
All reviews ragu lime restaurant sports village beach bar adults only section taba j street food floating restaurant riviera restaurant chef ben sushi restaurant mozaik restaurant water sports family suite beach front mini bar special thanks
Reviewed May 31, 2016

The Hotel setting is breath taking, the staff are very friendly and helpful, I was in the adults suit and it was very spacious clean and everything you would want,the breakfast was nice I did not get to all the restaurants can recommend the Madame Ming Kot Nou Lime I would recommend this Hotel but there is a few little disappointments, at 7am every morning I was woke by the cleaners trolleys, the tv needs more English channel, the pool was like swimming in ice cudes and the main restaurant food was warm or cold, I went all inclusive and did not expect to pay extra for drinks and some meals as I felt I had paid top end for this holiday so be aware of all the extra charges that no one tells you before booking .. please dont be put off by my little moan as I had a fantastic time there

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed May 31, 2016

The Ravenala is one of those jaw dropping hotels that you dream of one day staying in. From the moment we stepped in to Reception, we were in paradise. From the friendly, professional staff to the magnificent location, to the beautiful rooms we could find no fault. I would recommend this to anyone! We had 2 children with us, and they were so happy with the food, things to do, beach and everything in between. LOVED it!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank KateAerts
Reviewed May 30, 2016

We were a group of 10 pax celebrating the bachelor party of Satisha The 27th of May was indeed, a wonderful evening at the Ravenala Attitude Hotel at Balaclava. Hospitality was great and along with, a cocktail was served upon arrival. The atmosphere was soothing with light music in an open llobby. A table was set for us at the Mosaic restaurant with a variety of edibles including, veg and non veg. The live band was awesome :) We ended up at the night club and rock and roll with super good music; seggae, reggae, hip hop and bollywood. Thumbs up to the DJ
Many thanks to the F&B manager and his team for the good service provided - very helpful and caring.
I would hereby, recommend any Mauritian and European guests to Ravanela Attitude Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank paresha007
Reviewed May 30, 2016

Extremely beautiful garden and a lot of attention to detail in the way the resort looks. Very slow and inconsistent staff - we never knew what our package consisted of, everyone kept explaining different things. I spent 20' upon checkout and had to pass my VISA card twice, even though the first transaction appeared to be ok (the POS said "remove card"); because it was out of paper and it could not print a receipt, they forced me to try paying on a second POS - luckily this transaction did not go through. The water is not that clean because of the river and you can't really do snorkeling unless the boat takes you from the beach to a place where you can actually see some fish. But you can only stay for 30' and go twice a day (at 10:30 and at 14:30).
If you want to do free swimming or snorkeling you need to go to another beach. We took a trip to Ille aux Aigrettes and Coconut Island priced 140 EUR/pers (!!) and also took a taxi to Trou aux Biches priced 35 EUR (although it was only 9km away!!!).
It is very easy to feel trapped in the hotel, because everyone recommends not going on your own to any neighbor hotels because "it's dangerous"; basically you need to get a taxi for anything. The prices preset by the hotel are higher than the prices the taxi drivers are willing to charge.

They charged me an extra night because there was an extra night booked; however, they were aware of my landing and departure times and were not at all flexible in altering the selected period. The exchange rate at the hotel is worse than the one at the airport - not even the staff recommends exchanging there. If you don't have lunch before 3pm, you risk waiting until 7pm when the restaurants around the hotel open for dinner. Because of bad timing, we ended up eating PRINGLES twice from the hotel shop... Dinner at the buffet if you don't have the all inclusive package is 50 EUR/pers, drinks excluded. We ordered room service and were served extra things we did not request; they ended up on our bill.

In our room we had: one lizard, one huge spider, lots of ants (in our bed) and cockroaches - they were not too bothering though.

Bottom line: very beautiful complex, but also not worth the money (I find it extremely expensive and not focused enough on services for the customer).

The biggest problem is the river because there's not much visibility in the water and the fact that you cannot truly swim in the sea. There is a large area where there are rocks and the water is very shallow. Then there are ropes lined up in the water, setting a very narrow perimeter in which you can safely swim; the rest is reserved for boats and water sports... In the end it all depends on what you want to do while there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 02042010d
Reviewed May 29, 2016

My 2nd stay at the Ravenala and stayed for 2 nights this time. We were welcome with some 'Gatos Coco' ("Coconut delights") in the room and were given a room that was right on the beach. Most of the staff were really friendly and went out of their way to put us at ease! Special mention for Isabelle at the Spa and Vikash at the activities shack on the beach. Vast choice for food - we tried Madame Ming this time and Lime - which i absolutely advise to try (we tried the teriyaki, which was one of the best i've eaten) - and of course Mosaik for the buffet. Great hotel both for family and for couples as well (they have an adult block of rooms).

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple