1,589 results
All reviews butler service floating market le manoir simply india manor house boathouse bar games room kids club spg platinum iridium spa personal butler grand suite four seasons main building early check full board package boat house
Reviewed September 5, 2018

We enjoyed 9 nights at the St Regis in April.
The accommodation was spot on and all the shared areas were really beautiful.
What made the trip really special was the staff. From the fantastic front of house welcome with gifts for our children to the complimentary unpacking service from our butler Ravi (who, along with Ludovic, was always on hand for every little thing), every person we encountered went above and beyond to ensure we were enjoying ourselves.
Of particular note were Harris and Rickesh and their beach/pool team. They made every day a joy, bringing cool water and other treats, and being particularly considerate for our young daughter and baby son. We cannot rate these guys highly enough, true professionals and both very cool people. They are a credit to the hotel and we’d go back just to be looked after by them again (and again...).
In the evenings, we used the hotel's recommended babysitting service which although very expensive was excellent (thank you Chantal).

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline P
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Caroline P,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort! Thank you for this lovely review about our resort. We are proud that The St. Regis Mauritius Resort’s team made you feel exceptional and took great care of you.

We shall convey the message and thanks to the team, especially to those who you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island sanctuary sooner or later.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

The setting at the St Regis is stunning, and all rooms are carefully positioned with beautiful sea views.

Ours was ground floor and gave us access to a smaller (warmer) pool and the children made excellent use of this.

The service is disjointed, and we were often repeating requests and chasing simple things like hot drunks and laundry.

The restaurants were far from five star, and again, service was adequate at best. The Asian buffet was particularly disappointing, and consisted of left overs and some reheated bbq meat.

The overall experience for us was positive due to the setting and turquoise sea not the outstanding service and attention detail that you would expect st this level.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Teagirl1
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Teagirl1,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad to hear that you like our resort setting.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the service side. The respective teams are working on remedial actions to please all our guests.

Sincerely hope to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

This is a wonderful resort by a beautiful beach. It has various facilities but the beach was enough for me. My room was a suit with a balcony facing the beach. The staff were so polite and helpful. The food was delicious. I ate in the regular restaurant offering an open buffet with various types of food both for diner and breakfast. I would stay there again if I visit Mauritius again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms right in front of the beach are wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bengiyle S

Dear Bengiyle S,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort. We are happy to hear that you had an amazing stay with us and glad that you enjoyed the exquisite experience offered by our meticulous staffs.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to our island sanctuary sooner or later.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2018

This was my third time at the St. Regis Mauritius and I must say that the overall quality of this hotel has been deteriorating very rapidly over the years. This cannot be a St. Regis hotel but simply an ok resort offering an average product. I have been coming to Mauritius for more than twenty years and if you are looking for a first class experience the St Regis is the wrong choice considering there are so many great hotels in the island (the One & Only, Four Seasons, Maradiva, Royal Palm…).
The location is quite nice in particular for surfers being the hotel located very close to the famous One Eye spot. However, the quality of the beach is average being the sand not as soft as in many other places around Mauritius. The beach boys do a good job and the food / service at the Floating Market is quite good.
This is the end of the nice story about the St. Regis Mauritius.
The hotel looks very tired. The hall in the first floor of the main building smells of humidity and mould, the carpet in the hall is full of stains and there are many humidity stains in the marble floor.
My room was nice even though the bathroom a bit old but the location was terrible being located right on top of two of the hotel main restaurants. I could smell food and hear the noise of plates all day but I was paying the St. Regis price. I complained with management but the Manager on Duty played “hide and seek” with me during my 9 days stay and she did nothing to solve the problem even though in the mail exchange had with the hotel before my arrival I had requested “very quiet” rooms. The hotel had nine days to solve my problems with the room but management was completely absent. At check out the manager on duty offered me extra SPG points to “compensate you for what you have experienced”. I refused this. I simply wanted quiet rooms and management to solve the issue during my stay.
There are four restaurants in the hotel. The Floating Market offers good quality but the quality of the other three restaurants is below average. Breakfast is ok but there are too many birds flying around and on top of the bread in the buffet table. Is it too difficult to cover the bread with a net?
Service level is an issue. For example, too many waiters running around without knowing what to do. Skilled management is absent. We had to wait for more than one hour at the Boat House for our main course and the chef came to apologize. After being seated still at the Boat House three different waiters came to our table after being seated saying “my name is…and I will be serving you tonight”. The Boat House starts serving lunch at 12.00 but each single day there is a restaurant personnel meeting until 12.15/12.30. I had to catch a plane and went to the restaurant for lunch at 12.00 but I was told to come back later because the restaurant staff was having a meeting.
In summary this has been a very negative experience and this will be my last time at the St Regis Mauritius.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fmanci01
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Dear fmanci01,

Greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad to hear that you like our beach service and the food at the Floating Market.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the hiccups you encountered during your stay. Your comments are very important for us to make all our guests' stays enjoyable, please rest assured our team is working on the remedial actions.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I booked a room there on Expedia, I have been using SPG app for a longtime but not recently and not so much after the merger with Marriott. Nothing against Marriott, actually stayed a week with Marriott prior to this incident and everything was absolutely amazing! So I reserved on Expedia for St. Regis and since they advertised that they had “24 Hour Check-in” and “11am check out” time, we organized our schedule and arrived at the hotel at 1:00pm and ready to check in.
The very rigid front desk reception and manager tells us, that the check in is actually at 3:00pm and we would be able to check in at 3:00pm.

Excuse me ? Why didn’t you say so in the hotel information section? The hotel manager made it seem like it was not their responsibility to give out wrong information. They did not even apologize for the confusion. So me and my mom decided that we will wait on the room while having lunch. Apparently there’s only 1 restaurant open for lunch, which is the boathouse, ok so we go there. Service was shockingly even worse there than the front desk, they sat us a dirty table, no smiles, no welcomes, after we ordered, and as we were dining, the server came and grabbed the plate with FOOD AS WE WERE EATING, and we have to stop him by taking the plate off his hands because when we talked to him and informed him we were still eating, HE DID NOT HEAR. What made me even more furious is that tipping is completely up to the customers in Mauritius but this restaurant added automatic tips for our tragic server in the total. I called him over and said the service was not good so please adjust the bill and remove the added tip. He walked away and started doing other things. At this point I am boiling with dissatisfaction in this poorly managed hotel! We don’t see the server doing anything and we just left with excess to the full amount and left.
At this point is not about tip or anything else anymore, I HATE THE SERVICE HERE. AND MY TIME IS WAY TOO PRECIOUS TO BE WASTED AND BEING TREATED POORLY AT THIS RESORT.
We are back at the front desk 2:35pm, guess what, the room is still not ready. And they said I had 1 guest on my reservation and since I’m showing up with my mom, we need to pay 100 EUROS additional to the property, I asked what is the additional 100 Euros paying for? They redirected and redirected me to the hotel manager, who in my opinion is one of the most nonchalant person for the job, he doesn’t understand the meaning of hospitality and yet he is the manager here. He said it’s for my mom to stay in the room. - get this, I booked the whole room but if I want to share with someone, I need to pay them another 100 euros.?!?! It’s not for food because we didn’t not have a package booked.

I’ve had enough, this has been the worst couple hours in Mauritius, all happened in this resort and I haven’t even checked. I asked another employee at the hotel, Alvin, who listened and finally APOLOGIZED, and canceled our stay so we can go somewhere else because I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. And in my opinion, SPG is not what it was before, I WILL NEVER STAY WITH THEM AGAIN.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jade L
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Jade L,

Greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues encountered at the resort.

Indeed, our check-in time is at 3PM, unless a guest pays for an early check-in or it can also be upon availability. Our Marketing team will look at the Expedia for the resort's details.

We sincerely apologize any miscommunication and for the service part. Our management team has been alerted to take corrective measures.

Please note that SPG is now combined with Marriott Rewards and Ritz Carlton Rewards to share a single, unified program with one set of benefits so you have more opportunities to earn and redeem in more places.

All your comments have been taken into consideration for remedial actions. We sincerely hope to welcome you in the future.