Firstly, the hotel was fully booked but it never felt busy which was amazing. We had a Tropical junior suite which was a great size with the bonus of an outdoor shower (there is an indoor shower too, but we didn't use it!) The rooms are kept spotless, the bed was huge and very comfortable.
Each set of suites has its own pool, the pool was large, clean and rarely had more than 2 other people there. Heaven.
The food was largely faultless, the buffet was always fresh and really tasty, and Divya the maitre'd was fabulous. She always had a smile on her face and made sure you were happy. That girl deserves a promotion!
Our favourite restaurants were Mahiya (Indian) and La Caravelle (International).
We also had a couples massage at the spa which was heavenly, you get to enjoy the spa facilities and private pool for the whole day if you wish (when you have a treatment) and it was lovely. Khan did my husbands massage and within 5 minutes said it was the best he had ever had. He used reflexology techniques which really loosened and relaxed my husband.
We would also recommend taking a taxi into Port Louis and heading into the markets. It is an attack on every sense and the smell of coriander will not leave me. We also had a locals lunch in the market, roti with sauce wrap. Top Tip: join the longest queue in the food hall and ask for the same as the locals are having, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most romantic hotel in Mauritius A strip of white sandy beach, a turquoise lagoon with crystal-clear waters, a 35-hectare tropical garden...These are some of the timeless charms of Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel in Mauritius. Its situation on the north west coast of Mauritius ensures one of the best climates and provides the perfect setting for dramatic sunsets. With its romantic atmosphere, Trou aux Biches provides the idyllic setting you have been dreaming of for your perfect wedding and honeymoon in Mauritius. Accommodation is housed in lavish chalet-style suites built in crescents while private villas are tucked among the lush tropical gardens. With an emphasis on environmental preservation, Trou aux Biches is the first eco-friendly resort in Mauritius, while providing the latest in luxury focusing on privacy, space and diversity. All Villas, Beach Front Suites and Senior Beach Front Suites have private pools. Other suite categories open onto larger pools of 126 m2, centred at the heart of each crescent. The hotel also has a large pool designed as a key feature in the main areas. Reserved for children aged 3 to 12, the mini-club also has its private pool. Wherever you are, the sea is never too far, beckoning you to relax in warm, crystal-clear waters. Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa has six restaurants named L'Oasis, La Caravelle, Le Deck, Blue Ginger, Mahiya and Il Corallo. Enjoy a world of flavours sourced from the far end of Asia to the shores of the Mediterranean sea. Other facilities at the resort include a luxurious Spa by Clarins with 20 cabins, a teens club as well as a range of free land and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Trou Aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius