“This hotel keeps getting better”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Watertown
Teaneck, New Jersey
“This hotel keeps getting better”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I used to stay here years back when it was a Days Inn and it was fine. Toward the end of its incarnation as a Days Inn, things got a littly bit shabby, but still basically worth the money. When it changed hands to Comfort Inn, the price went up, the linens got better, but it wasn't worth the additional money. Now things have gotten significantly better. My room was clean, freshly renovated, and the whole place seems to have had a complete "going over." The staff are friendly and attentive and the breakfast was surprisingly varied and good. There are lots of other choices of hotels in Watertown, but I see no reason to pay their higher prices -- this place is really very good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank PARKER46862

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were 2 adults, 4 little kids (kids under age of 8yrs). We went there for a family, post-Xmas getaway to shop, swim and sight see.We had a family suite which was well designed and spacious. Our suite had 1 bedroom (2QN beds in it) at the 'back' with a hall connecting the bathroom with the 'front' room which had the kitchenette and pull-out sofa and TV. Nicely renovated and clean!! Pool was kept warm and clean, kids loved it! Gym was nicely equipped with state of art equipment, enjoyable to work out! Breakfast had a great selection, hot and cold selections! Staff was great and helpful. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
ottawa
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We shopped in watertown dec27th and decided to prebook a room at the comfort inn in watertown. The people at the front desk were excellent fast friendly professional. We asked for adjoining rooms which we were giving.The room was very nice,clean,up to date furniture.Breakfast was included a plus,we even took the time to go swimming in the hotels pool,clean and warm,keep a note no lifeguard so if you have children keep an eye on them.I have stayed in 4 different hotels in watertown this was the number one place for the money.Last note by showing your room key at tgif fridays you are given 15% off your restaurant bill excluding alchoholic drinks a plus.,regards Paul L.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank boulas
THoganGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
I would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay as we try very hard to accommodate or guests requests. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Atlanta
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Spent a week while up training our dogs in the Tug Hill region in the summer. We picked it because it was pet friendly and it was generally a very good experience.

The rooms were clean and comfortable (we had a suite with microwave and fridge). The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a pretty convenient location to restaurants (mostly chain stuff, but good choices in nearby Sackett's Harbor) and other essentials.

Parking is a little tight, but good airing grounds for the dogs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tatworthington
NY
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This hotel was fine but not great. The hotel looks nice because it has been recently renovated but, the room wasn't as clean as it could have been: there was dust on the desk and television stand, a few hairs in the bathroom, dust and hairs on the box spring bed skirt (I don't think that they regularly change the bed skirt), and some blood stains on the sheet on one of the beds (that had been washed but not stain treated). There was a simple complimentary breakfast, that was good and the breakfast staff were very friendly and attentive. The front desk staff were polite but not extremely friendly when I checked in. They had an indoor pool that was very nice. I did not use the exercise room, but it looked clean and updated. There was a Hampton Inn nearly across the street from this hotel and I would have rather stayed there, but I needed a lower rate and the Comfort Inn was the only hotel where I could get the rate that I needed for work.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Orillia, Ontario
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My Mom & I stayed here for the Black Friday sales madness on Nov 24/25, 2011. Room was nice and clean & updated. Breakfast was great! waffles, bacon, eggs sausage, cereal etc! Staff were very helpful with directions and staff were busy keeping hotel clean. Close to shopping and Denny's is attached to hotel so no need to go back outside for dinner. Had a pool & exercise room that looked clean, we didn't have time to use.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Renovated ???? Really... The outside looks great ...but the inside is a cheap up date.
My daughter, granddaughter and myself decided to go shopping in Watertown on the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend. When checking the hotel prices and reviews we booked this hotel. We asked for a lower floor 1st. or 2nd but when we arrived they said you will have to take a higher floor. Next came the killer
upon entering the room my granddaughter noticed a large bug walking on the bed. I took a tissue and picked up the bug and took it to the front desk only to hear the hotel is full, can't move you so we will have someone go in and clean
more and vaccum to make sure there is no more bugs.
For the overpriced amount we had to paid for this room all I can say is pay a few dollars more and stay in the 3 NEW other chain hotels near by not this so called
renovated older hotel. The so called hot breakfast was the usual make yourself waffles, sausage patties & eggs that were so over cooked they were like rubber.

Room Tip: also make sure your room is not near the elevator as it is loud and very noisey
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
THoganGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Dear Guest:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am very disappointed that your stay was not satisfactory.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and staff for your stay. We have just recently completed a total renovation of our property and am very sorry to hear that our efforts disappointed you.
We try diligently to clean our rooms so our guests have a clean, comfortable place to stay and unfortunately we did not pay close enough attention to detail in your room. I have spoken to the staff and corrective action has been taken.
We believe our rates are competitive within our area and hope that you will re-consider staying with us again in the future.