“Dinner with family”

Mongos Portuguese Mozambican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Germiston
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed September 30, 2017

The food and service was great. You don't wait long for your order at this restaurant. Personnel was very friendly and did everything to make the visit as pleasant as possible. The restaurant is very affordable and clean. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

My husband and I visited Mongo's after hearing how great the restaurant was. I ordered the ribs which were probably the worst I have ever had in a restaurant. They were dry, tough and had no basting but the chips were good. My husband ordered the snail starter which was average and the king prawns which were watery and tasteless. Although the meal was disappointing, the waitress was good.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

I had not been to Mongo's for over 2 years for a meal and I made up my mind I most certainly was going to have a meal on my recent holiday in South Africa. I had to it was a must.

I went with two of my friends on Sunday 2nd April because I wanted to enjoy the atmosphere that I had experienced in the past with the entertainment. Suffice to say we were not disappointed one little bit, we had a wonderful afternoon.

Our server Sophie looked after us very well and explained some of the specials that the Restaurant had available together with suggestions for wine which was also on special.

The 3 of us opted for the Special Kingklip Combo at the amazing price of R99.90! We had Prawns, Calamari and the Kingklip and the meal was absolutely divine. Mongo's most certainly delivered in every way.

The singer / guitarist was wonderful and sang some wonderful tunes., this all added to the atmosphere and a very enjoyable afternoon.

Amazing food and service and super entertainment what more could one ask for. I most certainly will not leave it as long before visiting Mongo's again.

I most certainly have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant I have never been disappointed in any meal I have had there.

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at Mongos several times and have never been disappointed by the quality of the food. The service can be a little slow however the warm atmosphere compensates for this. The wait staff are very friendly and attentive to their customers.
As far as the Portuguese food it is good but not quite the best I've had. The chips (French fries) are fantastic though and very enjoyable. I had the beef trinchado which was very tasty. Then yesterday I had the prego roll with a ladies steak on it. Their chocolate mousse was thick and deliciously smooth. The restaurant has karaoke on Wednesday nights and live music over the weekend.

1  Thank Colin B
Reviewed January 16, 2017

We celebrated my twin daughters 23rd Birthday at Mongo's. We had a wonderful cozy dinner for 14 people in our own section of Mongo's. The service was friendly and helpful. The food was great and at very reasonable prices ! Recommended !!