All reviews le commerce beautiful medieval town shady courtyard central square place to stay old style excellent value for money double room bastide town per person well worth a visit starters french summer memories menus euros
Reviewed October 27, 2017

We booked into Le Commerce because we wanted to stopover in Mirepoix centre but didn't want to spend the earth. It reminded me of all the old style French hotels I used to stay in during the 80s and 90s, complete with old furniture and pastel pink bathroom. It was a rather quaint experience. The accommodation was clean and adequate. The only negative was a leaking shower hose that meant there was a feeble trickle rather than a proper shower. All in all, it was good value for money, and we would stay again if we were in Mirepoix. We ate in the main square for dinner and breakfast, so we can't comment on the restaurant, but it looked popular and well-patronised for evening service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I was with my son who is 8 so we booked a twin room. Decor was very 70s as was the bedding. The room though was well equipped, functional and clean. We overslept most days as there is little or no noise in the vicinity.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EthanS09
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I love this hotel. I had been here about 30 years before but only for dinner. However the food was so delicious and the location so good that this year on our return visit I was certain that this was the only hotel I wanted to stay at. It is so central I don't think there is another hotel so close to the medieval square. The restaurant is in a charming shady courtyard. The food is absolutely delicious and if I remember correctly about 25 euros for a 3 course meal. The trout is very good. The service was very good and the staff friendly.m the hotel is simple and the rooms have been updated. There is everything you need plus comfortable beds and air conditioner. It was one of the cheapest hotels we stayed at on our road trip this year but by far my favourite. If you are looking for luxury you will be disappointed but if you want a great location, fabulous food and a good bed for a great price you can't find anything better. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2017

For good-value traditional regional food (eg chèvre chaud, salade ariégeoise, magret, truite en papillotte etc) and a reasonably priced wine list, this is hard to beat. In summer the shady courtyard is a calm oasis. The main waitresses are experienced, hard-working & friendly, but there seems to be an issue with the management; orders can only be taken by the young man described as 'le patron' and he was struggling to keep up. It took an age to get a menu and then place an order, with apéritifs only arriving just before the starter, and the whole meal took 3½ hours, which is really too long for a weekday lunchtime. As I say, the actual food is excellent, but there seems to be an issue with organisation; the owners & managers are not as friendly as their waiting staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

It is a beautiful medieval bastide town and Mirepoix should not be missed if you are in this area. So we did, we booked hotel Le Commerce after reading some reviews I thought this hotel should met our expectations. Well to be honest, it did not. The owners were friendly, the breakfast was just A typical France breakfast so far so good. However the room was a Complete disaster can't much say more about this. Not fresh, outdated, yeah let's keep it that way. I paid 75 Euro for a family room so what can I complain? Nevertheless price worthy? Noop!

However we visit the town and did some sightseeing and that was good.
The highlight of this ancient bastide town is the central square - the Place des Couverts - which is surrounded by medieval houses and arcades (the covered walkways in front of the shops).

Have fun with visiting this place!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family