“Enjoyed the brillian Fall colours” 4 of 5 bubbles

Captain Bill's Seneca Lake
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kitchener
“Enjoyed the brillian Fall colours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I loved the two hour cruise of Seneca Lake, the deepest of the Finger Lakes.
The lunch was delicious on board. I had a salad, vegetarian lasagna and couldn't finish the brownie for dessert. As I savoured my lunch, I was treated to spectacular colours of red, orange, yellow and green trees. Despite the gray day, the colours were vibrant.
I enjoyed the cruise as it passed by the beautiful homes that graced the lake.
The announcer let us know when the boat approached Hector Falls. Waterfalls tumbled down the shale and limestone rock into Seneca Lake. I wished the boat could have gone closer.

• Visited October 2011

“Below average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Sitting here on the burgers & blues cruise. If I had known it was cafeteria style I would have passed. Burgers were in some kind of swamp water. If you were sitting on the top deck you had to go down stairs for the food. Waited minimum 10 minutes for a drink due to sparse wait staff. Save your money for the wineries.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
toronto
“Decent but not outstanding.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

In Watkins Glen there are not an abundance of restaurants to choose from and this one was outdoors and a little cheaper than the Blue Grille in the hotel. The service was very good and the location was very nice. This place could be so much more with just a little minor investment in decor on the patio and a little more patience with the food delivery. If it had some table clothes or candles the ambiance could have been outstanding. One of my pet peeves is when you order your appetizers and your meal comes within minutes of starting your appetizers. More so when you specifically ask for a slower tempo as I did here. My recommendation here is to order your food one course at a time as it will still come very quickly. But all in all, nothing terrible and it was a pleasant experience.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eddiemac1
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great location on the southern end of Seneca Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had drinks outside while listening to a duo. They were great and the drinks were fantastic. The wait staff was very accessible and made great drink recommendations.

Visited August 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

We loved this cruise. We took the Saturday night dinner cruise with live music . Had the Cornish game hen and he had prime rib... It was delicious but we could have done without the corn...maybe a different vegetable. The crew was friendly and attentive. We didn't get the top deck due to the reservations ahead of us . So I recommend making reservations early.