All reviews carriage house the main house breakfast was delicious seneca lake marcus stella gazebo porch hike property guests
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Staying here is like stepping back to the age of innocence. The common areas have the elegance only known in the days of the great mansions. The grounds are lush and manicured The views of the lake and valley are unrivaled. As "foodies" we were extremely pleased with the quality of the full breakfast. We had a small glitch with our room and the owner went way above what was necessary to make up for it. All in all, we had a wonderful experience and felt truly pampered.

Room Tip: Get one of the suites upstairs
Marcus D, Owner at Idlwilde Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

Owners go out of their way, even off the property to ensure your stay is as great and enjoyable as can be! The inn has lovely grounds and a gorgeous gazebo to take in the views. A peaceful calming atmosphere. Breakfeast was great all days stayed and never the same thing.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have their own bathroom
Marcus D, Owner at Idlwilde Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

So glad you liked it!

Reviewed May 19, 2018

We stayed in this super cute B&B last week and it was amazing three days! The house is very beautiful and Marcus and Elen, the owners, pay very attention to details. Everything is clean and organized. The game room is very cozy and we loved playing games there.

We stayed in room 7, which is the one with private bathroom outside of the room. I was a bit worried if this would work out, but it did. They gave us a key to it and the bathroom is in front of the room. So if you are looking to stay in the room, I totally recommend. The decoration is beautiful and everything is clean. Only thing about the room that I think could be better is to have curtains that block the sun. Personally, I like darker rooms so I don't wake up very early at sunrise.

The breakfast is very tasteful and every day they surprised us with something different and delicious.

Marcus gave us many tips about the region and we really liked all the restaurants and wineries he recommended.

Another thing I must say about them is that when they knew it was my birthday, they left a champagne bottle in our room, which was a very delicate and thoughtful gesture. Really appreciated it.

Again, I really recommend this place and Watkins Glen in general. It was our first time in the region and we will definitely come back!

1  Thank fbraune
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

This place is beyond charming. The pictures on the website are beautiful but do not do the place justice.

I had a wonderful three night stay. Each morning I woke up and looked at the view and thought it was not real.

As an added bonus the breakfast was fantastic and different each morning.

Can’t wait to stay there again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank J S
Reviewed May 4, 2018

Where does one begin? You arrive to a Victorian architectural marvel that sits atop a hill overlooking the village of Watkins Glen and Seneca Lake. You are greeted by innkeepers Elin and Marcus Dowd. Warm, friendly and accommodating. Their home is truly your home for your stay. The common rooms are elegant and charming yet relaxed. I stayed in room 10. A beautiful suite with a gorgeous sitting room over looking the lake.Great bathroom with amenities provided. Breakfast was delicious, ample and served in a lovely dining room. Elin and Marcus are available to provide you information about the region. They are extremely knowledgeable and if you are so inclined, Marcus is a world class raconteur. I highly recommend this special Inn. I have stayed in B&B,s all over the country and this is at the top of my or any list.

Room Tip: Room 10 is tremendous
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends