“late night”

Melenzane
Ranked #20 of 127 Restaurants in Salmiya
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

many of my friends LOVE this place and would order the whoooole menu and eat there in a weekly basis.. to me it was fine.. the pasta was good.. the oregano fries is alright.. other stuff were ok.. in kuwait most new resturants serve almost the same stuff nowadays.. fries with sauces.. mushroom and newly created stuff exclusively in kuwait..worth the try..the best thing about this resturant it has a branch in massila area that would open untill 3 am .. so if u are hungry at night..head there!

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Didn't like it the only thing i liked it was the decoration other than that i don't think i will ever go there again

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Good variety of foods. I personally go for the chicken liver and shrimp. I love this place coz u can never go wrong with a dish, they are all flavorsome and saucy. The only disadvantage is the long waiting queues but its worth it

Reviewed January 4, 2017

IIt is my favorite restaurant to have delicious food, It is really have very yummy dishes. But in new year we came to Bida’a branch and there was waiting list and they reserve extra place for the extra customer in that night, we put our name and they gave us 30 to 40 minutes waiting time , we agreed and went to walk around until they call. They called after 25 minutes and it was 9:18 pm I thought that it is our time now but they called to inform us that in 9:30 they will changed to set menu policy and the menu will start with 25 KD / person can you imagine that this price is for total bill cost for 3 people with starters , 2-3 main dishes and 2 dessert. So they double their prices 3 times for these few hours and after waiting for 25 minutes. We refused of course because that was cheating and very bad way to gain profits not caring about the customers who came to them that special day. Very bad management thinking about the profit not the customers satisfaction.

Reviewed December 26, 2016

I had lunch at Melenzane – Albida. It is an Italian resturant. The menu is varied. There are 12 pasts and 10 pizzas on the menu.

I had grilled fish covered with a mixture of breaded croutons with herbs served with creamy lemon sauce and grilled vegetables. The fish was slightly dry and the vegetables were well grilled and moist. The flavor of vegetables was better than the fish. The lemon sauce was light and tasty. The order came with 2 lemon wedges. I had Pina colada for a refreshing drink; it is coconut milk with pineapple juice. The Lotus cheesecake topped with lotus sauce and fresh berries is the Signature cake. The cake itself was mildly sweet in flavor and the louts’ sauce was sweet.

The Table layout was neat with a small plant with copper cutlery. There were Wool shawls on each table during winter. Portable heaters were available.

This restaurant has the most annoying and noisy male waiters I have ever come across in Kuwait. 3-4 waiters gather near the main door talking to each other loudly and 2 of them were staring at my iPhone behind my back. The guy with protruding teeth was the worst. The outside area is small with meandering alleyways, blocking these alleyways from easily moving is not welcoming. Dropping the iPad menu while moving is not professional. A few waiters were negligent. The waiters need to be relaxed and professional while on duty.

SEE photos for food and outside seats.