Review Highlights
Aruba Active Vacations Kite Surfing - Best on the Planet!

If you are a novice or a pro, Aruba is an awesome place to kiteboard. I have been to Aruba multiple... read more

Reviewed March 24, 2018
andriastrittmatter
Fenton, Michigan
Armandos Kite Shack

Great experience. Carlos was my instructor who did an excellent job teaching me the beginner... read more

Reviewed February 4, 2018
pmbballard
Millersville, Maryland

All reviews the ritz carlton shack armando teaching instructor lesson company blast aruba
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The instructors were all very nice and friendly. My husband did the package of 4 lessons which are two hours each. It is pricey but definitely worth it if you want to learn the sport. They teach you in stages with two students to one instructor....unless you get lucky and you are by yourself. There's re private lessons which are more expensive. You share the equipment with the other student until you are ready for your own...most likely third or fourth lesson. You really get to know the instructors and Armando and feel part of their shack. I know my husband had a great time in the water, but I also enjoyed chatting with the many people that stopped by and other lesson takers.

Date of experience: February 2014
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended! Pacient and professional instructores, people were always with a smile in their faces and they were incentivating me all the time!
Thanks for the great time i had at the Nuts at Armando's!

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Aruba in late August. After a couple of lavish dinners out, I decided a fun "cardio" activity was needed to help drown out some calories. We met Armando while investigating the island earlier, and our first impression was outstanding! Little did we know, that Armando would further impress us with his patience teaching us not only to "Paddle Board" but we also arranged for some sailing lessons. As a teacher myself, I always prefer an audience of children, because let's face it, adults don't listen. Armando was patient, clear with his instructions, and insisted that our form while paddle boarding was consistent and correct. In fact, he took me out of the water twice and "edited" my form. That showed me that he didn't just take my cash, throw me in the water, and risk me getting hurt. It was a great time and wonderful workout!

The next day, after our great experience paddle boarding, we decided to take sailing lessons. Armando again showed professionalism. He did not let us out onto the water until we had a land lesson - discussing wind variables, safety, and various aspects of the boat. On water, Armando taught us how to turn the boat, and made us perform a number of turns until we got them correct! We sailed for over and hour and a half, and we even made a couple of pit-stops grabbing some drinks from his friends with larger boats! The guests on the larger boats I feel were jealous of the fun WE were having on the smaller vessel.

I am so happy that I chose to do business with Armando rather than with the larger "DePalm" tours. We received personal instruction that reflected the local "flair". I highly recommend this vendor with no reservations. His great understanding of the local weather (mainly wind, water, reef) made me feel at ease learning new water sports! Check him out!

Date of experience: August 2013
2  Thank Tina F
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My son wanted to try kite surfing so we come across Armando's Kite Shack on Palm Beach. The sign says 120 dollars for 2 hrs of lessons. My son received 1 hr of land lessons and 1 hr of flying a kite in the water lesson with NO surf time. This was NEVER posted or stated. He also had to share his lesson time with a younger child. BOGUS... Save your money!! unless you want to spend more!!

Date of experience: July 2013
6  Thank 1badteacher
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went to Armando's Kite Shack at the Huts on Eagle/Palm beach for kite surfing lessons for my 17 year old daughter. They are the series of huts just beyond the Marriott and the new Ritz Carlton for the various water sport companies. She did the 4 lesson (8 hours) beginner course and was excited that she was riding by the second lesson. She loved her instructor, Janka who was very patient, knowledgable and encouraging.There are many surfing/water sport companies at the Huts but Armando's is exclusively kite surfing (they don't do any wind surfing or snorkeling) so you can be sure they know what they are doing. It is also a nice place to just hang out while you wait for your child to be done and watch the more experienced kite surfers. I would recommend it highly.

Date of experience: December 2012